Voicemail announcement types

Discussion in 'General' started by strongbow242, Apr 26, 2009.

1. strongbow242

I have perused these fora (plural of forum as it is a LATIN word) at great length and have foun many gems which helped me get my Elastix box up and running well. So THANKS!!!! However, I have not seen an answer to this question. I have time conditions working with an IVR to allow calls in during working hours and send them to my voicemail box after hours. I would like to have an announcement that states that it is after hours, etc and let the caller leave a message. I also want to have announcements for during business hours for when I either am on the phone or out of the office. The time conditions module offers three possible announcements - unavailable, busy or no-msg. Can a fourth option "office closed" be added and how?

2. Patrick_elx

I have used a different approach for this kind of situation.
    My main/general voicemail has no introduction message (a blank 'recorded' message).

instead of sending the time conditions to the voicemail directly I'm sending them to different ivr that have different message/conditions depending on the situation and all of them are then going to the main/general voicemail.

3. strongbow242

OK, I get what you're saying and understand how that would work. Doesn't it seem a little less elegant a solution though?

4. Bob

Bob

Strongbow,

Setup an announcement (under Announcements) for your after hours only. You will note that when you setup an announcement, you have a choice of what destination you sent it to after the announcement has been completed.

The destination after the announcement has completed, could be your Voicemail (with no message). In your announcement it could be similar to the following

Thank you for calling {company}, we are currently closed. Our hours are between 8.00am and 5.00pm weekdays. If you would like to leave a message, please do so after the tone.

then it proceeds to Voicemail box 200 (a personal one if you wish or setup 300 as a reception only mailbox) with no msg set (e.g. the choice in the dropdown box call no-msg).

This way the announcement becomes available for IVR, TimeConditions etc etc....

We perform this setup on 50% of the systems we implement and works well.

Then you can choose to leave the current voicemail BUSY, UNAVAILABLE working as normal.

Regards

Bob

5. strongbow242

Thanks, Bob, for the suggestion. Works great!!!

6. Bob

Bob

Strongbow,

Glad it helped....

And thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Bob