Voice quality problem, X-lite & remote extension

jively

We have Elastix for our small business. I work from home occasionally. I have a remote extension set up in the PBX for my home computer, using X-lite software.

When someone calls me or forwards a call to me, or when I dial out using the remote extension, there is a voice quality problem. I can hear the other person fine. They can hear me, but every 10 seconds or so, it "breaks up" like a bad cell connection where they can't hear 1 second or so.

Our company's outgoing calls, and calls forwarded to me go through Broadvoice, the VOIP company. Our business has Verizon FIOS (speed test: 20688/17079) and at home I have cable internet through Optimum Online (Cablevision) (speed test: 8060/1915).

I think the voice quality is worse using SJPhone software - we can't hear each other at all, but that might just be a configuration problem. I'm willing to buy VOIP software if it will work better. I could also buy a VOIP phone if I had to. (We use cheap Grandsteam phones in the office.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Tom

dicko

My experience is that many ISP's have a vested interest in ham-stringing VOIP, it competes with there own proffered services, so they "mess" with it, a quick test is to use IAX2 as a transport protocol, which will as yet still largely by-pass the "messing" that they say they don't do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti