Voice Mail Led not Blinking

olivier1010

Aastra1, again some thoughts :

I think it would be better if the Voice Mail key LED would be flashing.

Before using XML scripts about two years ago, i remember that we had the top right LED on the phone blinking when there was a new message.

Would it be possible to get back this LED working, and / or add the blinking for the Voicemail XML key ?

Having this LED blinking when the coffee is ready would be nice as well..

After looking at the code it seems that we have something to change near line 715 inside sync.php :

Code:
if(Aastra_is_ledcontrol_supported()) $object->addEntry('Led: '.$value['key'].'='.$status[$box]['status']);

I tried to replace
Code:
.$status[$box]['status']
by
Code:
'slowflash'
but this does not work.

olivier1010

I've successfully changed the code for the Day/Night key, i have now a flashing LED, but i can't find where is the code to modify the Voicemail LED.

I've finally found it !!

Before this line inside sync.php (appearing two times around line 364 and 715)

Code:
foreach($vmail as $box=>$key) $object->addEntry('Led: '.$key.'='.$status[$box]['status']);
I've added this line, to change the voicemail key status from "on" to "fastflash"

Code:
if($status[$box]['status'] == 'on') $status[$box]['status']='fastflash';

aastra1

Hi Olivier,

First of all and just to be clear, the LED on the top right of the phone is the MWI and is not controlled by XML but exclusively by SIP and the phone. It indicates a message waiting, any type of message such as voice mail message (via SIP NOTIFY mechanism), missed calls or local DND activated.

It is because the MWI is always blinking on my phone that I decided to monitor the LED next to the VM button but the XML scripts have absolutely no impact on the MWI LED.

Now to answer your question, you are right sync.php is the place where we update the LED for the voice mail but with a status (on or off) coming from aastra_daemon2.

So if you want to have a slowflash instead of a steady on for the VM LED, you need to modify aastra_daemon2 and replace all the 'on' by 'slowflash' in the code, once done you need to reboot the server in order to launch the new daemon and also reboot all the phones.

That should do the trick.

Regards

aastra1

olivier1010

Ok, i think that our MWI led does not work here because we are using the parameter "missed calls indicator disabled=1".

This setting is almost mandatory on asterisk / FreePBX installations because the "Reason" Header is not sent from the IPBX for ring groups or follow me, so that users are receiving tons of lost calls indications on their phones for calls answered elsewhere.

There is a "c" dial option inside Astrisk 1.6 to send a reason SIP header, but it seems that it does work partially with Aastra phone, i suppose that it does not fully work beacause asterisk do not send a reason extension to indicate where the call has been answered. More, if we put this "c" dial option inside FreePBX general settings, we loose all missed call indications even for calls wich are not part of a ring group or follow me.

I didn't need to modify the Aastra deamon to get flashing voicemail LED working, i've just modified the "on" value comming from the context file through Aastra_get_user_context inside sync.php like in the previous message here.

Last, i've thinking a bit more about the Day/Night implementation. I think that i have quite a clear view of what could be done :

1) remove the dynamic key Label, this is troubling for users. Name it something like "Switches" or "Bascule" in french.

2) Replace the the texte "DAY-MODE" by "Disabled" (or Désactivée in french) and "Night-Mode" by activated (or Activée in french).

3) Inside the Day/Night screen, modify the tittle : put "Switches management" or "Gestion des bascules" in french.

4) Use a logical "or" for LED management of the Day/Night key. The LED should light when there is at least one day/night index activated in the list.

5) Do not use "MAIN" text for the first day/night line (index 0). Use the regular name of the asterisk database like for other lines.

6) Create a more advanced day/night management inside "asterisk.conf". We should be able to selectively choose activation and notification for each day/night index.

Of all those modifications, i've done points 1,2,3,5 with your kind help.

So i missed points 4 and 6, there are too heavy modifications here for me.

I joined a zip file of recent modifications discussed here since a couple of days.

I've added a copy of my lang_fr.txt where i've corrected a couple of lines. This concern the "continuer" translation, changed by "Valider". This "continuer" was troubling for most users.

Best regards,

Olivier.
FRANCE IP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti