Voice delay with transfered calls

pucky900

I'm relatively new to the Elastix community launching my first live box last night. All was pretty smooth but did notice one oddity and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. We are fully SIP VoIP using a combination of Polycom & Aastra phones. When ever we get a call into our main line and then gets transfered to another extension, there is about a 2-3 second delay before voice can be heard. Not sure if it's Elastix or the phones... especially the Polycoms.

jgutierrez

Mmm... that is very odd. Are you sure that you have the delay once the call is transfered, or the delay is related to the time that the call is transfered? What is the result of executing from the shell:

asterisk -rx "sip show peers"

What extension receives the call and into what extension the call is transfered? Do you use attended or blind transfer?

pucky900

The delay is not in the transfer of the call, it's when the call is transfered to an extension and pick up by the user. There is about a 2-3 sec delay before you can hear the voice and/or talk. I was thinking about it this morning and going to look at the dial plan for the Polycoms. I know that can really muck things up and had to make a lot of changes to the sip.conf file in the TFTP folder to get them to work right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti