Voice breaking

Discussion in 'General' started by leeds, Jul 26, 2009.

1. leeds

Hi all,
    I have installed Elastix in Vmware with dynamic IP port forwarded via router,i used softphone to call.i tried to call through xlite from outside to my local xlite softphone,but voice is breaking little bit its not clear like local calls.
    Pls can anyone tell why is that.i installed Elastix in another PC too but same issue voice is breaking.is there any configuretion need?pls help
    Thanks.

2. rafael

it might be vmware issue, not sure. Check the forums about vmware an Elastix.

You may could try virtualbox as an alternative to vmware.

regards,

rafael

3. leeds

Thanks for your reply.
    I'll try virtualbox.

4. leeds

Hi,
    I tried virtual box and direct instalation to a PC.but same issue i tried register a xlite from outside my country and tried to call but voice is very poor quality half of voice can not hear where skype we use its crystal clear.so it can not be bandwith prob.i'll expalin u what i have configred.
    1,created extension in elastix PBX and enter the lines like this
    User Extension 1000
    display Name 1000
    Cid num Alias 1000
    Sip alias 1000
    and under the this devise uses sip technology i add secret 1000 thats it i dont give codec.
    next i forwarded the ports 5060 plus 10000 20000,and sip nat.conf setting nat=yes,externhost=mydomain name,localnet=192.168.x.xx.
    pls tell do i need change anything or add anything out from the country calls are very poor.

5. dicko

JM2CW but:

VOIP works, we all use it, skype, google, elastix, even dicko, but for it to work it must be less than (my choice) 80 milliseconds of "realtime" or so between "endpoints", and with packet loss less than 1% (less if you use faxes or modems(postage meters?)), so before you try it in a "virtualised" environment, I suggest you try a physical machine, on a physical network, with no VPN, no other network traffic at all, no GUI, nothing that can compromise that immediacy so necessary for it's functionality on the available hardware/network.

If you don't know what the limitations of your network connectivity is, both by bandwidth and latency, you are just pissing into the wind!.

When trying to polish turds, polish the biggest one first, when it's nice and shiny and you know EXACTLY how big that shiny ball is, then setup all the QOS necessary to support that beauty. Then feel free to experiment with degraded servers running on degraded hardware, on degraded networks.

(That would be a "top down" design, but I fail to see how your "bottom up" paradigm can be expected to be open to diagnosis, when it breaks, it just breaks, everybody is pissed off and you have no idea of what went wrong)

but believe me, when it works, it works well.

regards

dicko

6. leeds

Hi thanks for replying,but i dont understand 70% u wrote difficult english.anyway i tried without virtual also i tried call outside country noise is worst,if i host from any hosting site.sound quality will be fine?pls tell me a solution to over come this issue.i'm planing to add trunks and A-Z voip termination with elastix.pls help.

7. leeds

Hey Experts pls help me out.