VMX Locator and Follow Me Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by techietype, Dec 6, 2009.

1. techietype

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up an extension on my system so that if a call comes in when I'm busy, the caller hears my busy greeting and is given VMX Locator options to continue waiting for me to answer (press 0 to be routed to a queue). The extension also has FollowMe rules on it to play a "transfer message", the place the caller on hold with music and ring my extension (it only rings my single IP phone, no outside numbers, not multiple extensions...). I have it set up with FollowMe only because I want the caller to hear the transfer message and hold music, rather than just ringing, when they dial my extension. The problem is that when I'm on the phone, FollowMe takes priority and routes the caller to my FollowMe no answer/failover destination (which happens to be my voicemail box with an unavailable message, so the caller never hears the busy greeting and VMX options).

Does anyone know how to successfully use FollowMe normally, but go straight to my busy voicemail with VMX when I'm on the phone?

I tried using a queue or ring group instead of follow me (leaving the VMX options turned on, of course), but it didn't help, because the queue or ring group failover dest. takes priority.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. howwhi

I am also interested in a solution to this scenario. "Mr. Big" wants to keep all potential sales calls on the line as long as possible so as not to lose that sale.

Howard