VMWare -- Production Rated?

izrunas

I am working on a design for a 200 extension phone system for a small county government and have been asked to look into whether we can run our server (Elastix) within their existig VMWare environment (to gain the benefits of fault tolerance, etc.)

We will be interfacing the equivilent of 3 PRI circuits to the system, but we've already seen that Red-Fone does not consider TDMoE reliable when entering a VMWare or Xen environment due to abstraction layer latency.

If we were to convince them to go with a private 6M bonded T-1 w/ SIP trunk connection for all 69 lines, will this eliminate the issue that Red-Fone describes since it becomes a SIP connection instead of TDMoE, or will it have the same problem?

izrunas

Does no one have experience with this? I would think that the ability to deploy Elastix in a virtualized or cloud environment would be a great boon to the community-- but there are apparently some possible roadblocks. Please weigh in if you have anything to add in this area...

rafael

I haven't use vmware with Elastix, but i know many Elastix hosting providers that use XEN. KVM could be another interesting alternative.

Regards,

Rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti