version 1.6 is very stable

pinguim007

helo folks,

I have instaled elastix 1.6 and is working very well. It is very stable version and I never had problems with it.

I would like to known how is the stableness of elastix 2.0, because I thing it is not using asterisk 1.4 anymore.

thanks
pinguim007

ramoncio

I don't have any 2.0 box in production, as I had some problems, so I keep with Elastix 1.6.
AFAIK, email configuration gui is broken in Elastix 2, but I just use postfix for outgoing.
And most of the oldest members of the forum are not very happy with Elastix 2.

If you plan to upgrade, just make sure you keep the hard drive of the 1.6 version, just in case something doesn't work as planned.

haamed

I am agree with you, Elastix 1.6 is so stable. I hope The Elastix's team working more on stability instead of new features. All the communities should help ;)

ismed

how to make the elastix 1.6 stable?
do you mean that you just install it without any upgrade using yum update and only stay with the initial version of freepbx 2.5 without upgrade?
or do you update the elastix 1.6 with yum update and upgrade the freepbx to a certain version say 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 or 2.9?
so when update and/or upgrade is neccessary then how to update it without problem (step by step) and to which version of freepbx that we can upgrade (from unembeded web gui) freepbx after the installation is done?

thanks a lot to your repsond.

regards,
ismed

danardf

Hi.

From my side, i use Elastix 1.6.2.7, freepbx 2.6.0.5 and it's very stable.

If you whant, you could install it, and making yum update for all.
Next, you could making update about Freepbx step by step up to 2.6 version.
Some change are there into 2.7 and 2.8 (you could try it on a virtual machine before), but never install the 2.9.

Remember to install and configure some basis security packages like fail2ban, and configure iptables, and change every default password like freepbx admin event ssh port (22 by default). You could put a .htaccess on directory admin.

Even if Elastix 1.6 is stable, but not secure.

ismed

hi danarfd,
thanks a lot for the reply.
I agree to you that Elastix 1.6.2.7 and FreePBX 2.6.0.5 is very stable version of combination and I also do not have a problem to upgrade the FreePBX using freepbx web gui from the initial FreePBX 2.5 to 2.6.
The problem arise when I try to update the Elastix using console command #yum update, The yum update will update everything with also the elastix up to the latest version that for now is 1.6.2-36, this version still have a problem in hardware detection module menu.

I already tried to update the elastix module alone to the 1.6.2-7 using command #yum update elastix-1.6.2-7 but it will only update the elastix module to this 1.6.2-7 version without updating other modules such as linux, etc.

I still want to update only up to the elastix 1.6.2-7 or may be try to 1.6.2-27 with also updating other necesary modules.

So how can I update all other modules (maybe using yum) when the elastix module only to be updated to 1.6.2-7 or 1.6.2-27?

Waiting for your respond soon and again thanks.

Regards,
Ismed

danardf

Hi.

Personnally, I never made a yum update for all repos but only Elastix repos and without Freepbx.

About the other version (1.6.2.36), i don't know. And more, i don't have any card; so, nothing to detect. ;)

ismed

Hi thanks for your answer,
You will get elastix 1.6.2-36 when you #yum update the server because it will update everything up to the latest version including the elastix.
I have questions : what do you mean for Elastix repos?
And can you please tell me how to update only the elastix repos? And what do you mean for without FreePBX?

regards,
Ismed

danardf

Ok, yes, into Elastix menu, go on system / updates / repositories
Select only every Elastix repos and not Centos repos. (In general).
Sometimes, some modules need Centos repos. in this case you must select them.

If you don't want to update freepbx, put this option at yum cmd:
# yum update --exclude freePBX

Into Elastix 2.0.x, Elastix is under Freepbx 2.7. So, if you make an update Freepbx up to the last 2.8, then when you'll make an yum update, you could have some problem with Freepbx package. In this case, you must exclude this package.

Regards

ismed

Hi,thanks for the respond and now I understand how to exclude freepbx when updating modules using cmd #yum update --exclude freepbx.

However, after that how to update elastix (step by step) only to a certain version say elastix-1.6.2-7 or 1.6.2-27? Because in my opinion when I am using that cmd (#yum update --exclude freepbx) the elastix will be updated up to the very latest version that is now 1.6.2-36.

Regards,

danardf

Try to browse the branche and copy the good version.
http://repoelastix.neocenter.com/elasti ... i386/RPMS/

Here there's every elastix version.

but if you use yum update, every file within xml repos file which are pointed on the last version files.

Maybe existe another way.... but i don't know. :unsure:

ismed

Je vous remercie beaucoup M. Franc,
Do you mean that we can copy the necessary modules to our server using #wget ? Then we install that module manually using cmd #rpm --install ?
Will the link between elastix and freepbx not breaking after this manuall install?

Regards,
Ismed

danardf

ismed said:
Je vous remercie beaucoup M. Franc,
De rien ;)

Do you mean that we can copy the necessary modules to our server using #wget ?
Why not. Even you could making some modification to point on the specific folder.
However, you could make a copy on a CDROM, and use it to making update like CentOS-5 - Media, for example.
This repos use the cdrom.

You could use this example.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen