Various issues

Discussion in 'General' started by cowboy47, Apr 28, 2009.

1. cowboy47

I have not been in the forum for quite a while but I was just called in to look at a server, that really has me stumped.

The customer is complaining that after they replaced their router (with the exact same model & configuration that was previously working) they started getting one way communications on incoming DID calls. The call is directed to the appropriate destination and the caller can hear the destination, but the destination cannot hear the caller. The call will then disconnect after 19 seconds.

I have looked over the conf files, the freepbx configs, and everything appears to be correct. I have verified that the router is configured the same way as before.

Now, I did a yum update and after completing the update, I receive messages that there are several dependancy issues which cannot be resolved. The issues are:

libsupertone-0.0.2-17.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: libspandsp-0.0.3.so.0 is needed by package libsupertone-0.0.2-17.i386 (installed)
    libmfcr2-0.0.3-20.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: libspandsp-0.0.3.so.0 is needed by package libmfcr2-0.0.3-20.i386 (installed)
    2009020507:asterisk-1.4.24.1-1.i386 from elastix-updates has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: libspandsp-0.0.3.so.0 is needed by package 2009020507:asterisk-1.4.24.1-1.i386 (elastix-updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libspandsp-0.0.3.so.0 is needed by package libmfcr2-0.0.3-20.i386 (installed)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libspandsp-0.0.3.so.0 is needed by package 2009020507:asterisk-1.4.24.1-1.i386 (elastix-updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libspandsp-0.0.3.so.0 is needed by package libsupertone-0.0.2-17.i386 (installed)

How do I resolve these issues?

Thx

2. ramoncio

Hi Cowboy it's good to see you around here again.
    This looks as a RTP problem. Maybe there is something wrong in one of the routers and it is dropping the rpt traffic.
    Have you tried "rtp debug" in the console? You should see all outgoing and incoming rtp traffic. With "rtp debug ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" you can filter the rtp traffic for the remote ip.
    You can also try to change in rtp.conf the port range, and also in the routers NAT, to see if it works.

About the second issue, have you tried to manually install spandsp-0.0.3? This might fix your problem. But maybe you need to recompile everything.
    Which Elastix version are you using?

3. cowboy47

Well, you might think it is a rip issue, I am leaning more towards a codecs problem. After I wrote this thread, I found out that for some reason the g.729 codecs where not showing as registered and when I went to re-register them, digium says that the number of activations has been exceeded so I am waitin on digium to correct that.

The version of Elastix is 1.5.2-2.2. Any thoughts on the dependancy issues? I REALLY do not want to go chasing down individual rtps to install. Been there, done that.

4. ramoncio