Using Asterisk with USB HUAWEI GSM modem

Discussion in 'General' started by Albatroon, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Albatroon

Hello All,

I found on web many sites talking about making a USB Modem work as Trunk . like http://asterisk-pbx.ru/wiki/doku.php/new2 (English Version) .

I have a E1550, I am already unlocked the voice functions on the modem ..
    But i still stack trying to get it work ..

Can any one help ?

Thanks

2. trymes

Your English version link did not work for me. Maybe this one will? Click Here for English

How much Asterisk and linux experience do you have? You really ought to have a fair amount before attempting something like this if you don't have clear instructions.

Having said that, what have you done so far to attempt to make this work?

Are you running Elastix 2.0? If not, don't even bother, it says Asterisk 1.4 is not supported.

Tom

3. trymes

4. Albatroon

Thanks Tom for your replay ..
    My experience with Asterisk and linux not very well, but I love googling .
    I search over & over to until i reach my goal..

I am using Elastix 2.0 .. and i get chan_datacard worked on Elastix 2.0
    The only problem i have is installing the usb-modeswitch-data ... i installed the usb-modeswitch ok .. but i dont know what is the problem with this usb-modeswitch-data ..
    After googling .. i found a very nice script that get this USB modem identified on linux .. it called sakis3g (www.sakis3g.org) ..
    Now i have 3 problems ..
    1. in any voice call the the other party have a high noise with my voice.
    2. I cant get the USB Modem send me a caller ID (week Asterisk experience lol)
    3. every time the server restarted .. i must re-run the sakis3g script to identify the USB Modem again, then i should give permissions to /dev/ttyUSB* again

Finally .. Tom, Forums made for experiences exchange, No one knows everything.. but it's good to try :)
    Thanks Tom

5. trymes

Well, it sounds like you are well along your way. I would recommend that you go to a forum like the one I linked to that is dedicated to the type of setup you are using. they will likely be able to help you better, as I doubt many here have done what you are trying to do.

Good luck!

Tom