using asterisk as an extension

Discussion in 'General' started by itjumper, Nov 9, 2009.

1. itjumper

I have some accounts to an provider using analog adaptor (SPA2102). I can do a blind transfer by hitting "flash", *98<destination> on an analog phone (*98 is the blind transfer feature code on spa2102). SPA2102 will send something to my provider and initiates the transfer. I can still use my phone after the transfer, so my phone is not tie up while the other 2 parties are on the phone.

I would like to replace SPA2102 with a sip trunk which connects directly to my provider. How do I instruct asterisk to send the "something" to my provide to initiate a blind transfer? And what is that something ?

Any doco on how this works would be appreciated.

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

Based on what you wrote, your are doing a trunk transfer (using your sip trunk and ATA device).
    You can configure elastix to do something similar, but do not say ¨using asterisk as an extension¨. That does not make sense.

You have to configure the elastix voip server as a gateway and of course have all the information of your sip account to put everything to work.

Good luck

David Medina

3. itjumper

The account is actually set up as an extension on another system. It is not a normal sip trunk, which does not appear on extension.conf.

So using asterisk as an extension does make sense. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine just like a normal sip trunk.

Going through the doco, the "transfer" command will send a REFER to the caller (provider) and initiate a transfer at the provider level.