Using 4x SPA-3000 vs 1 TDM400p for FXO analog?

oshkosh

Hey everyone,

I have 4 analog lines so I bought a TDM400p card that I believe is a clone of a Digium card. I've tried everything but I absolutely cannot get the static off my line. I've used a different computer, different ports, they all do it.

I bought a SPA-3000 on eBay for fun and connected it and it works perfectly, there's no static at all and the line sounds clear. Here's my question though. I'd need to get 3 more of these and use 4 of them for all 4 of my analog lines. Are there any issues with doing that or problems? All my inbound calls come through VoIP, this is just for 4 outbound calls, then outbound call 5 and up will also use VoIP. I don't see it being an issue aside from having more physical hardware plus the added benefit of the FXS port but just wanted to check to make sure there's no issue with using multiple ones. Thank you!

elastixlover

I have the same question, does anybody knows? and oshkosh, have you tried with more than one spa-3000, has it work fine without any problems?

dicko

I believe your problem is " . . .I believe is a clone of a Digium card. . ." look what happened to Dolly the sheep. (You get what you pay for, Digium hardware generally just just works, Chinese, Indian or Russian stuff . . . not so much :) )

and yes elastixlover, I have, just be aware the are not well equipped for SIP nat traversal, I suggest you use a different registration port for each device if behind a NAT box. (i,e, 5060 and 1 for the first, 5062 and 3 for the second etc.)

elastixlover

Thanks Dicko for your fast response, it looks you know a lot, because of that, I need to ask you further,

The reason I want to use 5 spa-3000 is because I used to have a Grandstream GXW4108, but could not diferienciate between trunks (FXOs) when I did a outbound routes, the GXW4108 would take any fxo instead of the designated fxo as instructed on the outbound route, in the same PC if I use a PCI FXO card, the outbound routes work fine, but not with the GXW4108

And the reason I want to use ATAs for the FXO is because of low power consumcion in laptops vs. Desktops.

I tried with the gxw4108, but was never able to make it work with fine with the elastix and outbound routes, I even called Grandstream and they told me GXW4108 is made for asterisk not elastix (to me It sounded wire, but I gave up, by any chanse do you know anything about it)

Thanks.

dicko

IMHO, stay with the mainstream guys, yes it will cost you a little more, but what do you value you time at ? and more importantly what do you value your users satisfaction at?

I don't understand your power consumption thing, you can't easily add an fxo port to a laptop.

I believe you should look at Xorcom if you are looking for FXO's, they largely use USB, which will work with your laptop,for connectivity, if you need a SIP gateway then Audicodes just won't let you down, but you will have to dig a little deeper in your pocket.

danardf

Hi my old Dicko.
How are you tonight?

You've still a SPA400, it works fine with 4 FXOn and even, it works fine better than a SPA3102 (on FXO).
In my mind, I prefer a gateway because, it not use an IRQ, and lots of system ressources, and more, if you've some problem with it, you can replace it without shutting down the server.

Regards

dicko

Indeed.

Je suis bon, Franck, merci, et tu aussi?
(En ce moment, j'ai lentement profiter des Armanac :) )

danardf

Yes, thank Dick, I'm fine too.
Ready for a new little work week ;)

danardf

dicko said:
Indeed.

Je suis bon, Franck, merci, et tu aussi?
(En ce moment, j'ai lentement profiter des Armanac :) )
Armagnac no?
It's good.
yesterday it was "old Rhum" from Guadeloupe. :laugh:
Hipsss :side:

dicko

The French know to make good food, and drink, that is truly without question.

danardf

Else, about the gateway, like you said in your post, the audiocode are very well too.

dicko

Indeed, but the grandstream ? I have thrown a few away already, do they work for you?

danardf

Yesterday, I made a paella for 25 guys, with a Sangria (15L). IT's not a French food, but....
:laugh:

danardf

dicko said:
Indeed, but the grandstream ? I have thrown a few away already, do they work for you?
About the grandstream, it seems working. But it's not the audicode's quality.
Personally, I've never worked with this gateway. Audiocode yes, on FXS.

dicko

Gotta love that Xorcom stuff though, as much as you want (to pay for), solid as a rock, big-time contributors to both Asterisk and Elastix, and fail-over for quite cheap too.

danardf

Yes, the name Xorcom, I know, but never see this gateway.
It's an USB modular gateway, right?

dicko

fmvillares

Re: Re:Using 4x SPA-3000 vs 1 TDM400p for FXO analog?

by the way friends try quintum or patton gateways...jeje the best out there...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti