User Management - Reporting full access

Discussion in 'General' started by husaints, Jul 13, 2009.

1. husaints

Hi,
    I am having some trouble with the user management feature. I need to create an operator user or another user who is going to be the operator having access to FOP and full CDR reporting. The problem I am facing is elastix user management has made is compulsory for a new user to be associated with an extension. Hence on the CDR report of the new operator user created we can only see calls from thae extension associated with that operator user only!

How can we create a user who is allowed to view all reporting features of all extensions and trunks and also be limited to access other features, because from what ive experienced only the records od the extension associated with that user can be viewed.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

2. rejil.rajan

Did u try creating a new group and giving the permissions that you require

3. husaints

I did that. Its not about the permissions, its about the reports of all extensions. When you login as a particular user, you can only view the reports related to the extension associated with your login only. I cant find any options to enable the user to view reports of all extensions.

What I had to do was delete all extensions, then create the users, and since there are no extensions present in the system it allows to create the user without associating any extension with the user. And then create the extensions. This way when you check the reports you can view reports of all extensions. But the catch is once you want to edit the password or the name, you will definitely have to associate the user with an extension from the drop down menu since its compulsory.

Hope someone can figure this out.

4. rejil.rajan

For this what you need to do is

Login into /var/www/html/modules/userlist/index.php

Search for this line $arrData[$item["null"]] = "No extension";

This line will be commented, uncomment it and you can provide a user with No Extension

5. husaints

Great, this is what I was looking for.

Thanks for the info!

6. ftaurino

try this:

comment the line

if($esAdministrador)

in /var/www/html/modules/cdrreport/index.php

tested on elastix 2.0

7. maikcat

in elastix 2.2 i want to create a user
    with limited access to menus but to be able to
    see ALL cdr reports,not just for his extention.

can i do that?

Michael.

8. husaints

There is no "if($esAdministrador)" in /var/www/html/modules/cdrreport/index.php

There is "if($isAdministrator)" but quite a few of them, thus which one do we comment?

Uncommenting "$arrData[$item["null"]] = "No extension";" in /var/www/html/modules/userlist/index.php worked earlier, but does not work in Elastix 2.2!

Anyone has any solution to allow or give a another user the privilege to view all cdr records, which currently is only limited to the admin account??

9. dansford

Have the same problem with elastix 2.2. Cannot give full access to a user / operator / supervisor to view cdr and monitoring records unless an administrator. Dont want to give them full admin rights.

Any help to fix this would be appreciated!

10. jrecho

Did any one figure out a solution for the latest version of Elastix 2.2 ????? WE really need this feature back for call center supervisors

11. soborno

12. jrecho

Re: Re:User Management - Reporting full access

Thanks Sobono that takes care of this issue.

Did anyone figure out how to get FreePBX 2.9 to work with Elastix we made the mistake of upgrading and lost the entire IPBX tab the only way we can use it is https://IP/admin