Use elastix with dynamic IP

Discussion in 'General' started by sansao, Jan 9, 2009.

1. sansao

i have a few months in elastix and i want to be able to use my elastix account in the office and at home but i dont have static IP addresses. Can Someone help me?

my e-mail is

sansao.monjane@kulunga.com

gracias

2. abanuz

hi;

You mean,you have extension(like 100,101) that was register on elasix ipbx in officce and You use different elastix ippbx in your home.?...if our understanding is right ..please comment...

Thanks

3. donhwyo

Try a service like dyndns.com . There are others also. You run a client that is built into some routers or on a machine that updates your ip address. You then use a host name instead of an ip address.

Don

4. soulofmischief87

yes dyndns is good certain routers have it built in all you have to do is insert your account, another solution would be to have a another computer with no-ip you can sign up and at no-ip.com and get the app for linux, windows & mac

5. sansao

Thats exactly what i want to do. I've installed elastix in my office & set-up a account on dynamicDNS, I've inserted the IP of the computer with Elastix on the router.

When i try to register it doesnt work. Am i in the wrong way or there's something I missed?

THanx For the REPLY.

6. Chilling_Silence

You need to modify your /etc/asterisk/sip_nat.conf file:
    externhost=hostname.dyndns.org
    externrefresh=60
    localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

7. soulofmischief87

DID YOU OPEN UP PORTS 5060 AND THE RTP PORTS? UDP/5060 -> Forward to YOUR LOCAL IP UDP/10001-20000 -> Forward to YOUR LOCAL IP DID U TRY PINGING YOUR DYNAMIC DNS? TO SEE IF IT RESOLVES TO YOUR PUBLIC DNS? IF YOU DONT NOT HAVE A sip_nat.conf create one if you need any live help you can add me articavenger999@msn.com, or soulofmischief87 on aim

8. sansao

i see that a have a lot to learn.
    To start:

how do i edit the conf file?

9. soulofmischief87

go to the tools tab in pbx then the file editor first check if the file exist if not create it, this is the easiest way, so you check in the file list to see if you already have if not click on the new file button then you add

externhost=hostname.dyndns.org
    externrefresh=60
    localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

this is assuming your local net is set to this network and subnet, put your dyn dns host name in externhost then save the file and in the tools section use the cli and type "module reload"
    make sure you have the ports forwarded to our servers local ip and point the device in the outside network to the dynamic dns after you see it register you can use if as a remote extension

10. JCMilleniuM

Re: Re:Use elastix with dynamic IP

in the new elastix 2.0 you have to edit the file sip_custom.conf