Use Elastix as a Voip Gateway SIP TO SIP

daviemuriuki

HI everyone,

is there a way that you can have elastix act as a voip gateway. for example i would like elastix to recieve all calls routed with prefix 6122. and have all those calls stripeed of the 6122 prefix and 702 added then sent out through sip to a provider.

i have a cisco router which cannot do sip registration and therefore i would like calls to be transferred to the elastix which will send this calls to the provider.

i have checked within elastix and all i have found is that elatix can only recieve calls through the inbound service and either use follow me or ring group to forward call which is not what i want.

so essentially i would like to the call flow as follows.

Calls with prefix 6122XXXXXXXXXX =====> AS5400 ===> ElastixPbx Recieves the calls == takes the calls and replaces prefix with 702 == 702+XXXXXXXXXX and sends to provider who terminates the calls.

i dont knwo what to call this process.

So let me know your ideas on how to do this.

twincept

as far as i know asterisk is able to do this. but actually i dont know how you can prepare system as like this.

I am also looking for this kind of system.

Maybe someone can help to find a way for this.

fmvillares

yes asterisk can do manual manipulation but with manual programming not elastix...i recommend u to contract professioal support

twincept

do you mean any AGI script or any other programming?

fmvillares

Re: Re:Use Elastix as a Voip Gateway SIP TO SIP

nop extensions simple programming like
exten=>_1234.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4},30,tTr)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen