Urgent Help Needed Call Pickup

Discussion in 'General' started by raj, May 7, 2009.

1. raj

raj

Dear Experts,

some how i dont know im falling to do any call pick ups,
    currently im using Elastix 1.5.2 and doesnt have any voip or zap trunk but im using it only for Testing Environment and Call Pickup doesnt work :( im very sad about it, please help make it work.

2. ramoncio

How are trying to do the pickup?
    I have a production system with Elastix 1.5.2 and pickups work fine, at least for dahdi channels. I do ##+ringing extension number to pickup

3. raj

raj

Hi Ramoncio,

so *8 doesnt work with Elastix? in that case caller id of the caller wont apear on pick up extension? but i dont understand why its not working.

Sorry forget to mentions im trying to pickup using Feature Code *8 but its not working it says call failed and its extension to extension call only. please provide me with details.

Thank you.

4. ramoncio

Try runnig this in console:

echo "pickupexten = *8" >> /etc/asterisk/features_featuremap_custom.conf
    amportal restart

5. raj

raj

Thank you so much Sir, that worked, hmmm keeping it in records for once i put the system in productions it might be needed there, but thank you sir. for your help always.

Im loving it, feel obliged will certainly give back to the community what im getting here atleast i will try to. and yeah Elastix Rocks i have tried every other asterisk based system but none is as easy as Elastix is specially for the newbies like me and none is as feature reach as Elastix now will try to figure out how could i benefit from inbuilt SugarCRM as i dont know anything about it and its role in PBX.

Thank you.

6. raj

raj

Dear Romancio,

As i can see you are the moderator here so i have request,

as you know aastra has released XML Scripts for Elastix 1.5.2 so can you please put it on home page as a news for community so that community can use it.

7. ramoncio

Hi raj,
    There is already a Community section here:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... t&catid=20

If you want to play with vtiger have a look here:

http://www.pbxinaflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2100

This was working some months ago with Elastix, I did some tests and it worked. But I haven't tried since versions older than 1.0. I think it was already integrated, you just had to configure your extension an a manager password or something like that, I don't remember very well.
    You could see popups when you received a call with the information about the caller, and you could dial with just a click in any phone number.

Anyway, in vtiger 5.1 they have rebuilt the asterisk integration, and I hope we'll be able to use it quite soon.
    There was some pdf with a small tutorial, search for it.

8. raj

raj

Thank you so much again and again.

9. raj

raj

Ramoncio Sir, im again having the same problem on another machine with Call pickup by *8 even though i applied your above suggested. Please help again Sir.

10. raj

raj

Sorry Ramoncio Sir, it started working. it was my mistake in selecting Call Group and Pickup Group, you know still learning.