Urgent:*8888 missing, cannot do anything

Discussion in 'General' started by iratik, Dec 7, 2008.

1. iratik

Is there a place to go for help with elastix? The chat room is practically dead at all times, no one there is familiar with the call center module.
    I worked with the call center module for about a month back in march, gave up ... was mostly in spanish.

Now its in english, and I've been working with it for a few days and haven't been able to even make one call!

I'd really like to distribute elastix based systems in the US but its proven extremely difficult because of the lack of support.

I enter my agent number "50101" and my extension "512"
    I get "this feature is not available"

I look in the log, and an attempt to originate "*8888512" to 512 was logged.

I grep the /etc/asterisk directory for "8888" and found nothing

I dug through the source code and found it is "loginAgente" which causes the originate. I couldn't really translate the comment

"function hace que la extension que llega por parametro se logonee con el numero de agente que tambien llega por parametro. Esto se lo hace orginado una llamada desde la extesnion hacia el numero *8888 que es desde donde se conecta a la cola" ?

There is nothing in any of my extension files for "*8888" I also inspected the source code for call-manager 1.3 and found only one reference (same reference in loginAgente).

What is "*8888" supposed to do?

2. iratik

After looking through much documentation. I determined that AgentLogin function was not present for the pattern *8888XXXX in any extension file in /etc/asterisk ....

After looking around the posts on this forum, it looks like there is no such thing as this elastix call center dialer .. Its just a whole bunch of code that doesn't work as intended! lol.

I added this to extensions_custom.conf and now i can get logged in and the agent console comes up... Though no calls are being dialed -- thats the next thread i'm on.
    exten => _*8888XXXX,1,Answer
    exten => _*8888XXXX,n,AgentLogin(${EXTEN:5})
    exten => _*8888XXXX,n,Hangup

3. vloose

Not 100% sure what you are after, but if you are unsure if Call Center Dialer is running you can type:

tail -f /var/log/asterisk/full (provided this is where your logging happens)

Then stop and start the Call Center Dialer either from the web GUI or I like to open another command line terminal and type /etc/init.d/elastixdialer start|stop|restart.

If something is configured wrong, you should see it show up on your logging screen.