upgrading openfire to the latest with elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by areid, Sep 7, 2008.

1. areid

I've upgrade elastix to 1.1-8 and noticed openfire is still 3.5.1. The latest for openfire is 3.6.0. How can I upgrade openfire to the latest without breaking anything?

2. cmrahman

You can download the rpm and upgrade to the latest version of openfire. But in return you lose the elastix tabs. Anybody know how to put the tabs back after the upgrade? Thanks a bunch.

CM ;)

3. danardf

It's funny.. :blink:

The new release Elastix don't have the new version's OpenFire!

Don't work on 1.2.1 and 1.3.... (with update , yes).

Why not include the last version openfire, yet you know that openfire 3.5.1 don't works? :silly:

4. areid

When will elastix have the latest openfire? I would like to upgrade without breaking elastix GUI.

5. Bryant

^ ditto

6. garcia.ronald.d

I installed the plugin Asterisk IM, but I dont know how to put to work, anybody can help me?

Also installed sip phone plugin (sip.jar) but doesnt appear in the web interface, that meant that was not compatible with the version of OenFire?

Thanks a lot

7. Kalama Sutra

:blush:

I'm going to add my "Vote" to this issue of upgrading "OpenFire" and the lose of the tab ....

¿ Question to the Elastix programing staff is this; where do I find the controlling ini or cnf file that sets the tabbing response within the Elastix interface ?

I'm not real comfortable in pure *nix command line usage; but, working with a Mac and using Cyberduck & its integration with TextWrangler, I'm able to get to those particular files and do secure adjustments.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

8. shezzski

Seriously I have just upgraded to ver 1.6 after some time away from the Elastix community and I am in awe that Openfire is stuck on ver 3.5.1 :S

9. shezzski

Elastix 2.0 still has Openfire 3.5.1!!!!! :angry:

10. williamfay

You can upgrade the Openfire server on Elastix. I'm on Elastix 2.0 running Openfire 3.6.4 It will break the ability to use it from the tab inside Elastix's Control Panel. You'll have to go straight to Openfires url http://yourserversname:9090/ But it works great!!!

11. epritchett

When you say break do you mean the IM tab is gone completely or it just doesn't link correctly. If it doesn't link correctly is this something we could manually change somewhere to point to the http://yourserversname:9090 address?

12. williamfay

No the tab is still there and it points to the right address. From what I can tell the openfire people have made their code so it breaks out of frames. If your familiar with html at all you know that it's possible to make your page break out of a frame and take up the whole window so people can't embed your site on theirs. I'm thinking that's what is happening. I haven't looked at the code to see cause it's not really a big deal to add the openfire admin page to my browsers bookmarks.

13. shezzski

Its not really a big deal, but it would be great to have everything appear integrated rather than just an add-on. This is why Elastix is doing so well, most things look good and the GUI is simple and nice...... Just my thoughts

14. williamfay

I'm working on locating the code that is forcing Openfire to break out of the frame. Once I figure it out I'll post a fix here.

15. williamfay

16. svoi

?????? ??? ??? ????????, ?? ???? ?? ???? ?????????? - ????? ??????????? ???????? ?????? java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jivesoftware.util.StringUtils.removeXSSCharacters(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String; ? ?.?. ??? ???? ???????? ??????? ??????????? ????? jre/bin ?? openfire 3.5.1 ?????????? ? elastix. ?? ?????? ????? ??????? ???????????? ?????????? ???????.
    ???? ??? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ? ???? ???????? - ? ????????????? ??????????? ? ????? ???????? ??????? ???????. :woohoo: