Upgrading and existing production system to 2.0

Five5

Can anyone enlighten me as to the process for upgrading a production v1.6 to v.20?

Normally I would use the yum update process as described in elastix without tears, this process does not seem to do version upgrades, only updates within a version.

Wo what should I do? I can't use the Distro ISO to upgrade as I can't physically put it in the drive of the server as I am using a hosted VPS for the elastix 'box'.

Any pointers please?

ichienwata

You dont need a physical cd rom to install Elastix, elastix is Centos based theefore you should be able to mount the iso and install over Centos 5. This would only work if your provider allows you to loop.
On the other hand, I can host your elastix box for a $20 price out of a phoenix data center with 100GB data port.

Five5

Thanks for the offer ichienwata, but we are Australian based and like our systems hosted locally.

Can you elaborate on 'loop'ing or mounting a local machine ISO from our Centos server? That would be appreciated.

I am still confused, is there not a yum command that will manage the entire upgrade and keep the PBX and Extras systems upgrades and intact with current configurations and data?

donhwyo

mount -o loop /path/to/*.iso /path/to/mountpoint

Don't see the code tags.

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti