upgrade process?

Discussion in 'General' started by cowboy47, Nov 17, 2007.

1. cowboy47

What is the upgrade process from the 0.9-2 or 8.x series? Supposedly the rpms were to be released yesterday but I have seen no notes on how or if there are any special procedures.

2. cowboy47

I just checked and yes (good job) the yum updates are there to 0.9, however, yum stops because of spandsp & dependencies. What is the work-around, other than doing a yum update of every individual module?

3. Bob

Bob

I performed a Yum Update with

yum -y update

Seemed to run ok and I was watching it as it run through. Saw no major issues.

However MAJOR issue is that something in the YUM update will wipe your Freepbx configuration and set it all back to empty. Just spent the last hour putting it all back in......

Maybe I have missed something in the forums......

4. Bob

Bob

Cowboy,

After I finished the last reply, I checked the updates list in Elastix and it is showing the following line
    (I took out the description to shorten the line)

spandsp 0.0.3 13 elastix Installed Updated

Regards

Bob

5. Bob

Bob

Cowboy,

After I finished the last reply, I checked the updates list in Elastix and it is showing the following line
    (I took out the description to shorten the line)

spandsp 0.0.3 13 elastix Installed Updated

Regards

Bob

6. cowboy47

can you restore your conf files to restore freepbx settings? I have to admit I am a little timid after previous experiences.

C

7. Jynger

agree with the However MAJOR issue that with yum upgrade the Freepbx update process totaly wipes the sql database, i suggest developers to remove the 'drop database' from freepbx installation script.

8. lek

lek Guest

Thanks for the heads up guys. We'll going to review this issue. However We're not using a DROP.

Anyway, we have to check again the freepbx rpm.

Anybody else having this issue?

9. Bob

Bob

Thanks for the confirmation that it wasn't just me. Hope others report it, as I have another three I would like to update without blowing them away...

Regards

Bob

10. Need2No

Just did the upgrade from 0.8.5 following the instructions on the front page. When I checked my extensions and trunks, they were all gone, but when I checked the flash operator panel all of my extentions and trunks were still there. When I dialed an other ext or out side line everything worked.
    Now, how do I get all of my data back into elastix?

11. Bob

Bob

Out of interest, change one thing (e.g. add another extension (dummy one if you wish) and press the red bar. Do all the extensions then drop off???

I suspect that your config files are still in place, but the database is empty, and when it rewrites, it will clear your config files....

Regards

Bob

12. Bob

Bob

Out of interest, change one thing (e.g. add another extension (dummy one if you wish) and press the red bar. Do all the extensions then drop off???

I suspect that your config files are still in place, but the database is empty, and when it rewrites, it will clear your config files....

Regards

Bob

13. lek

lek Guest

The bug was confirmed and fixed now. It will not happen again.

14. cowboy47

Edgar,

Congrats on getting that problem resolved. However, I have not been able to get yum -y update to work. It keeps timing out when trying to pull down vtiger. What is the possibility of expanding the repo mirrors? I might have a server that I could volunteer.

C

15. Bob

Bob

Edgar,

Thanks for the quick fix. That one had the potential to cause some problems.....

Regards

Bob

16. NetDepot

Hi,

my freePXB db's are also gone, but I backed up the MySQL database directory before. Can I just copy the asterisk database directory back or do I have to exclude some tables?

Thanks,
    Christian

17. Bob

Bob

After doing a YUM update. Looked at Freepbx and it kept all details.

BUT, after reboot, all Asterisk modules are not loaded.

I cannot SHOW SIP PEERS, I cannot SHOW IAX2 PEERS.

Basically none of the modules have loaded (I believe they autoload don't they????

MAJOR PROBLEM......

All FREEPBX is still there however, and it is still writing conf files, but Asterisk is dead in the water.

Regards

Bob

18. lek

lek Guest

Dear Bob,

We could reproduce your bug in our test machine and it seems to be an asterisk bug. We're still researching.

Meanwhile, you can fix it typing this command in the CLI

Code:
    restart now
    At this moment you'will have to run this command everytime your machine reboots.

Please stay tunned we're working on a solution.

19. Bob

Bob

Edgar,

Appreciate your quick response.

And the restart was probably going to correct the issue, as that appeared to be the need.

As it was a production box, I had to go to absolutes and load 0.90 stable fresh.

Thankfully I had completed a Freepbx Backup as a precaution before hand, so basically an hour after I decided I wasn't in the right frame of mind, I have the box rebuilt and restored.

I am going to reproduce the problem myself, when I get back to the office.

Regards

Bob

20. lek

lek Guest

Bob,

The problem was that asterisk is not being stopped by the "amportal restart" command called in the /etc/rc.local file.

This seems to be an asterisk bug because the amportal command seems to be sending a "asterisk -rx 'stop gracefully'". Which is correct.

Anyway an elegant solution is to edit the /etc/rc.local file and change this line:

/usr/sbin/amportal restart

for this one:

/usr/sbin/amportal start_fop

This change will be added in a new freePBX RPM We'll release in a few minutes.