Upgrade path?

Discussion in 'General' started by wiseoldowl, Mar 26, 2009.

1. wiseoldowl

We are currently running Elastix 1.3.2 but have kept up with FreePBX upgrades and are presently at 2.5.1.

My question is, what's the best way to upgrade Elastix to the new release version? Ideally I'd LIKE to be able to upgrade all parts of the Elastix installation (specifically including all Asterisk components and CentOS) but I also don't want to break FreePBX. I sort of wish there were a way to upgrade Elastix but instruct it not to touch FreePBX itself (or have it automatically detect that you have the latest version, and just leave it alone in that case).

But anyway, my question is, is it possible to do an in-place upgrade that will not destroy current settings and configurations? I'd really rather not have to start over from scratch this time around.

Also - I clicked on "Updates" in the Elastix interface, but it doesn't seem like you can actually do anything there (I tried this from two different browsers). It shows a bunch of packages, all of which are "installed" and "updated", but other than the buttons at the top, noting appears to be clickable on that page. Even the "Delete" field is empty, and when I do a "Repositories Update" I get a spinning hourglass for a while, then a popup saying it was successful, but nothing changes.

2. info3w

+1 (for having email report:blush: )

3. wiseoldowl

No answer to this yet? Is it because you guys are still working on the upgrade, or what?

4. nachogomez

I'm eager to find out how to update to 1.5 too...

I'm using the same version of Elastix and the update module has the same behavior on my system, so what I do is a "yum update" on console.

5. nachogomez

6. rafael

Sorry for the delay on answering this post, I miss it. Now yous should be able to update using yum, but please always backup your installation and try to do the update on a testing system. Even thou there being a lot of testing and successfully updated systems, remember that 1.3 was base on zaptel and 1.5 is base on Dahdi. So it is important to take care at the moment of updating.

Regards,

rafael