upgrade from 1.1-8 to 1.2

Discussion in 'General' started by thephantom, Sep 6, 2008.

1. thephantom

ok thats nice, yust installed the elastix system for the 10th time,, now on hyper-v in an windows 2008 server (works good for now :)) but now there is an new version ..... is there an way to simpel upgrade the system without problems?? i don't want to install everithing again......

thnx :)

2. lek

lek Guest

This Tuesday we'll update the yum repository.

3. kawa636r

From tuesday do :

yum -y update

And everything will be updated :-D

4. kawa636r

And call center module will work again! :-D

5. Lou1z

lol.....
    i haven't done a yum upgrade since i initially installed elastix 1.1. i've done numerous upgrades of freepbx up to 2.5rc3.
    i'd advise people to wait until the repos's are updated as when i did mine, i was surprised to see freepbx 2.4 going in.
    naturally, this broke freepbx and it took numerous fixes to get it back to where it was. but hey ho, waiting to next tuesday lol!

6. wiseoldowl

Hmmm, it's Wednesday and I did a yum -y update and while it appeared to update a whole bunch of CentOS stuff, it didn't appear to update Elastix. Did you mean yesterday, or six days from now (or did things just get delayed a bit)? Or am I not doing something correctly?

7. DaveD

Sometimes it can get delayed but it will come
    To check what updates are available, at the console type yum check-update
    It will show you what is there to update

8. rafael

The repo is not up yet, hopefully it would be up on the next hours. Please be tune to this thread and I would report when the repos are ready.

Regards,

Rafael

9. wiseoldowl

The problem with yum check-update is that it comes back with this:

Code:
    http://repo.elastix.org/centos/5/updates/RPMS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: elastix. Please verify its path and try again
    It finds all the other repositories (for CentOS, etc.) okay, just doesn't find the Elastix one. What am I doing wrong?

10. DaveD

Not doing anything wrong I am having the same issue at the moment, not seeing path

11. rafael

The repos are up now, you can update.

Regards,

Rafael

12. mattrh

when i run yum update i get this error Error: Missing Dependency: zaptel = 1.4.10.1-2 is needed by package wanpipe-modules-2.6.18-53.1.19.el5

any help?

13. Lou1z

our's went in no problem and i have to say i'm impressed. elastix goes from strength to strength with each release. much appreciated.

14. wiseoldowl

The upgrade went in fine, the only issue I've noticed is that Openfire is acting up again. I don't remember now where I changed the memory settings and wonder if that might have got overwritten. I sure wish the Openfire people would fix their damn memory leak, otherwise all is working great!

15. mihpel

You have installed the beta 3.3.10 wanpipe rpm drivers manually. You need to get them of the system before updating but you will have to set them up from source once you have updated to 1.2 due to zaptel beeing updated to 1.4.11-5.

A quick description on how you setup can from source can be found here.

ps: Dev's please note that 1.2 release is currying the same symlink bug from previous release (both fresh and updated)

16. jandir

Do we need to upgrade Free PBX or does the yum update handle that too?

If yes, how?

Sorry, noob here.

Thanks

17. mattrh

thank you, i will try it out.

18. mattrh

what i have been doing is run yum update and grabing the latest files then going to the "/admin" strait to freePBX and doing module updates direct. let me know if that helps you.