Upgrade FreePBX 2.3 to 2.4 (Elastix 1.0-17)

Discussion in 'General' started by tom@intersoft.net.au, Dec 10, 2008.

1. tom@intersoft.net.au

Hi,

I have a PBX on which I need to be able to record conferences. It looks like the best way to do this is to use the option in freepbx. However this system only has freepbx 2.3, and the record conference option apparently wasn't available until 2.4.

I'd like to know if/how I can SAFELY upgrade to freepbx 2.4 on elastix 1.0-17. This needs to be basically 100% safe as I don't have physical access to the system (which is also the reason I can't just install a later version of elastix).

Thanks for any info.

2. Bob

Bob

This is copy of a message from Rafael a few months ago, for those that needed to upgrade to Freepbx 2.4.

You can try installing the new FreePBX 2.4 rpm. This is a beta, but the community has tasted and there are not big problems at this time:

rpm -Uvh http://www.elastix.org/downloads/freePB ... noarch.rpm

Please read be aware of this thread where other people are using this package:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... itstart=12

Regards,
    Rafael

As your version is quite old, I don't think there is anything that can be 100% guaranteed. In fact I think upgrading to 1.3-2 is probably going to be more reliable (or at least able to be resolved if there are difficulties.

An upgrade to 1.3 with some hand holding (e.g. line up someone on commercial terms available to assist via remote) would be your best bet. There should be no need for physical access...Have done plenty of them myself and I am sure there are many others who know the ins and outs should there be any issues.

Regards

Bob

3. DaveD

I have upgraded a few systems from the 2.3 to 2.4
    The trick I found was not to click the red bar but run the freepbx admin modules again for updates
    When done do not click red bar but run the updates again for freepbx

When no more updates show you may click red bar

This method gave me least amount of issues , and issues were only minor