Updating Dahdi, LibPRI, Dahdi Tools, and Asterisk

rollinsolo

If I download the latest Dahdi Drivers(2.2.1, or 2.3.0?), LibPRI, and Tools, do I need to Recompile asterisk as well, I am just a tad confused because Elastix is already using asterisk and I want to make sure I do not recompile the incorrect version. I am using Elastix 1.6-12. and Asterisk 1.4.26.1. Thanks.

dicko

The dahdi code is independent of the Asterisk code.

rollinsolo

dicko

It shouldn't break but if it does you have your various levels of back-up/restore, right?

It will however throw your Elastix yum update system into a state of disarray. so you will need to exclude asterisk and dahdi in the repos from that point on, and for cleanness remove the rpm's already installed

rollinsolo

I see them in the web interface under packages installed, but there is no option to delete them (being the older version) and I am looking in yum.repos.d under elastix.repo (as I assume (I should never assume) CentOS and epel for fedora will not try to update asterisk or dahdi) and not sure where to take out asterisk or how to make the exclude statment work for that is it as easy as adding an exclude=asterisk, and exclude=dahdi on each line.

dicko

No, there is no option to delete , you will have to do it manually, you will find the dependencies preclude the use of yum remove <them> so rpm must be used. The yum.repo and it's inclusions are well documented (google it) but I carefully suggest that if you don't understand these few procedures, you might not be ready for maintaining a suddenly non-standard Elastix system.

dicko

rollinsolo

I agree totally that I am not ready but it would be nice to be able to get my hands around recompiling correctly and having a clear understanding of the homeostasis of the system before and after. Getting there, I still have a lot of work to do.

On another note I did upgrade dahdi and libpri do I not have to upgrade asterisk, can I use the 2.3.0 and 1.4.10 respectively with asterisk 1.4.26

dicko

As I said before:

The dahdi code is independent of the Asterisk code.

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti