update to elastix 1.4 beta

Discussion in 'General' started by nicmac, Jan 14, 2009.

1. nicmac

Is it possible to upgrade via an rpm or something from 1.3 to 1.4beta. I need to use sip trunks with the call center module/outbound dialer and I have read that it is only just possible in 1.4beta.

2. rafael

don't do the upgrade in a production envioroment before testing.

From the elastix web interfase go to "system -> updates -> repositories" and select the beta repos.

The ssh to the server and run yum update.

regards,

rafael

3. nicmac

Thanks mate! Unfortunately, I already installed 1.4 using the ISO. Do you know of any issues with outbound SIP calling? I'm getting "channel unavailable" errors in the CLI debug when trying to make outgoing calls.

4. nicmac

This is from the debug...

-- Goto (macro-dialout-trunk,s-CHANUNAVAIL,1)
    -- Executing [s-CHANUNAVAIL@macro-dialout-trunk:1] GotoIf("SIP/110-08243ce0", "1?noreport") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-dialout-trunk,s-CHANUNAVAIL,3)
    -- Executing [s-CHANUNAVAIL@macro-dialout-trunk:3] NoOp("SIP/110-08243ce0", "TRUNK Dial failed due to CHANUNAVAIL (hangupcause: 20) - failing through to other trunks") in new stack

5. nicmac

nm it is fixed. It was an outbound call rule that was breaking it.

6. nicmac

Does updating to 1.4-4 involve the same process? I ran update repositories from System/Update and then ran "yum update" from bash. It says there are no updates. Jorge in support updated my previous install to 1.4-4 and I am not sure how he did it.