Update to 1.3 - ZTDummy no longer running.

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisuk1978, Dec 9, 2008.

1. chrisuk1978

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help with a little issue I am having. I have performed a yum update from 1.1 to 1.3 and it appears that now the ztdummy module is no longer running.

This means conferencing and paging fails - this is fairly important in my environment. This issue will only effect users without telecom hardware in the box.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and any ideas how I could go about rectifying this? Any chance this fix can be rolled into the final 1.4?

All best,

Chris B.

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

I think what you said is that you installed from scratch elastix 1.3. I tried to update 1.1 to 1.3 and it was not possible. It gave me alot of errors.Once elastix 1.3 is installed and correctly configured, the conference is really straight forward because the ZTDummy driver is installed automaticly.

Double and triple check everything

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. chrisuk1978

David,

Thanks for the response. Originally I installed from v0.85 and I've done in-place upgrades through all subsequent major releases, fixing anything that wasn't working as I've gone along (fortunately there havn't been too many of these issues).

The Zaptel driver problems were a result of a CentOS kernel update, which required a rebuild of the Zaptel drivers for the new kernel. After I swapped the -xen kernel from the real one in th grub config and the box booted fully, I downloaded that latest Zaptel sources from digium. From here I ran the install-prereq scripts to download the appropriate dependancies and kernel sources and the rebuilt.

On the next reboot the Zaptel drivers were running, and the conferences and intercom were working fine.

Thanks for the input and assistance.

All best,
    Chris B.

4. rafael

Normally the kernel should not update, at least no up to version 1.3. On 1.4 we are updating to the latest CentOS version of the kernel. Did you modify the yum config files?

Regards,

Rafael