Update issues?

Discussion in 'General' started by chrlet, Jun 8, 2009.

1. chrlet

I am planning to do an yum -y update later today on my Elastix box running 1.4Beta, upgrading to latest stable.

I an merely using a few software sip phones, an inbound siptrunk and the openfire jabber server. Should I expect any issues or do you think it will work without too much trubble? What is your opinion?

Regards Christoffer

2. rafael

Hi Christoffer,

It is always recomended to backup your data and configuration so you can go back to what you have in case something goes wrong. In the other hand, you are not using telephony hardware, so the chances of something to broke are low.

I would also recomend you to use the Spain repos as the update are going to be much faster:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 9&id=26068

Regards,

rafael

3. chrlet

Thank you for your swift response Rafael. Actually I forgott to mention that I´m running on a virtual machine, so I´ve already made a complete backup of the machine. Reverting back to my stable setup won´t be a problem. I was just curious about whether I should expect any software issues.

I will definetely look into the new repositories

Regards Christoffer

4. Bob

Bob

chrlet,

two 1.4 betas upgraded with no issues

regards

Bob

5. chrlet

Thanks guys! I´ve done the upgrade and apart from running the upgrade through a http proxy running an ips not beeing a very good idea, everything worked out just fine.

Kudos to all Elastix guys, not only the developers but the kind people on the forum taking the time to help out us regular users!

Regards Christoffer