Update FreePBX problem

Discussion in 'General' started by gbrook, Jun 27, 2008.

1. gbrook

Sorry for double post - not sure how I did that!

Hi,

I have just installed Elastix 1.1

I did the update to FreePBX as per the information provided in one of the posts.

cd /usr/src/
    wget http://mirror.freepbx.org/freepbx-2.4.0.tar.gz
    tar zxvf freepbx-2.4.0.tar.gz
    cd freepbx-2.4.0
    ./start_asterisk start # for upgrades use: amportal start
    ./install_amp

When I go into the Unembedded freePBX to complete the upgrade and check for updates online, I receive this:-

"Warning: Cannot connect to online repository (mirror.freepbx.org). Online modules are not available." after about 30 - 40 seconds.

My internet connection is working and I can ping the site.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Garry<br><br>Post edited by: gbrook, at: 2008/06/27 04:01

2. elastixguy

Maybe a dns issue?

Have you pinged mirror.freepbx.org from the pbx console? Could it resolve the domain?

3. MageMinds

I had the same problem yesterday on a fresh install.

To upgrade FreePBX follow these steps, it's easier...

1. Goto Unembedded FreePBX
    2. Chech for Update
    3. Install the FreePBX 2.4 Upgrade Tool
    4. Goto the new menu item called "2.4 Upgrade tool"
    5. Follow CAREFULLY the steps shown on the page

You're done! This have worked well for me, Elastix embedded FreePBX works fine and the new featurea of 2.4 are there.

Edit: Apparently the update break the dialing between internal extensions. The fix is in there http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... pbx+update some one wrote a script to make the modifications and I had to reboot at the end.<br><br>Post edited by: MageMinds, at: 2008/06/27 21:59

4. luetzz

MageMinds, sorry for the intrusion but I have another issue about post:

On a fresh Elastix 1.1 install the FreePBX updating, following "the 5 steps", went all ok.
    But what seems to be a problem to me is that FreePBX substitues the Elastix scripts in /var/lib/asterisk/bin so that when the box is restarted it doesn´t find the folder /var/www/html/recordings (same to folder _asterisk).
    I see that Elastix and FreePBX expect to find different folders structure so I´m worried about the effects of this and if there any otger side effects.

I ask for someone to shed some light on this, please.

I´m new to Elastix but I´ve been using FreePBX for a few months.

Thanks.

5. CleveJ

Hi Garry,

Click on the SYSTEM TAB then the NETWORK TAB Click on the edit network parameters and put in your Default gateway & Primary DNS you will be goo to go then.

I am doing a script to update to 2.4 which will make it easy.

Cheers

Cleve

6. CleveJ

Hi luetzz,

I have uploaded a script which will take care of this for you.

Download it from here http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complet ... neuk4db4tn

1. Make sure you login to your server and you are at "root"
    2. Downnload the file from the above link.
    3. Untar it tar xvfz moduleupdate.tar.gz
    4. There is 1 folder called "recordings" 1 file called "beforeupdate.sh" & 1 file called "beforeupdate.txt" (read the txt file on how to run it)
    5. Or you can issue the following command ./beforeupdate.sh

Please post back your results.

Cheers

Good Luck

Cleve<br><br>Post edited by: CleveJ, at: 2008/06/29 18:29

7. luetzz

Hi Cleve,

Thank you for your reply to my request but when I click on the given link:

http://www.mediafire.comupload_complete ... neuk4db4tn

I get this response:

*****************BEGIN OF MEDIAFIRE ERROR************
    Invalid Identifier. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.
    The identifier you are using is invalid. This could be a Javascript problem with your computer, ensure you are allowing javascript to run fully for the Mediafire.com domain. If this problem persists please contact support directly.
    ****************END OF MEDIAFIRE ERROR***************

This happens on Firefox 3.0 and on Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13, both with Java allowed.

Best regards,
    Luetz

8. oneobserver

Me too. I would love to see your script since I am trying to script the install and update of our systems, and not having to do that step by hand would be great!!!

markh

9. CleveJ

Hi Lueezz & Oneobserver

Sorry looks like the link has a problem, I don't have a place to post the script for the moment. I have now rewritten the script once again so here it is hope it works this time.

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... =7973#7973<br><br>Post edited by: CleveJ, at: 2008/07/01 04:21

10. oneobserver

CleveJ,

After using your excellent update script, I went ahead and ported the 5 new features into the pbxadmin tab so you don't have to use the unembedded feePBX option. I don't know how to give this back to the developers, so I am offering a a package from my server for anybody else who wants this access and for the developers to use to update their code. The package is available from:

http://support.infoarch.com/tools/Displ ... Update.tgz

Extract the content and run the install.sh script. It patches the index.php and theme/default/main.tpl files in the pbxadmin module and adds the labels to the English language file (en.lang).

Let me know if anybody has any problems with it!

markh aka oneobserver

P.S. I posted this in the developers section also.

11. CleveJ

Hi Oneobserver,

Happy to hear that it worked well for you.

I have tried your script, what is it supposed to do? As I cannot see the 5 new features in the Elastix web GUI, an explanation on what it does would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cleve

12. oneobserver

All it does is add the items to the menu under PBXadmin, and add the definitions to the language file. The items that were added was:

Zap Channel DIDs
    Blacklist
    CallerID Lookup Sources
    Day/Night Control
    Voicemail Blastgroups

If you end up with blank lines in the menu, you are probably using a language other than English, and you will need to add the labels for those based on my patch file for the en.lang file.

Are you seeing anything at all in the menus?

markh aka oneoberver

13. oneobserver

One other thing that I have found is that after the update to 2.4, the batch add option doesn't work correctly. It appears to add the extensions, but if you use any extension created by the batch, you get user/secret mismatch when attempting to register the extension. I'm digging through the code, but it's slow going having to translate all the comments to English to make sure I don't break something...

markh aka oneobserver

14. oneobserver

OK, better definition of this issue: The problem is when using the ported TrixBox scripts for Auto-configuration for the Aastra phones the following XML tags don't get set correctly:

$$AA_SIPAUTHNAME_AA$$
    $$AA_SIPCALLERID_AA$$

I believe these were new for the last release of 2.3 and then more in use for 2.4. I'm trying to determine what function forced the set of those in the system, but haven't found that in the system yet. I found one glitch in the batch code, in that it was setting max-calls to 4, but the system was adding another line that set it to 50, so it was always overrode. If somebody with more freePBX experience can point me at where in admin the extension code sets those tags up, we can add that call to the batch code and then everything will work as far as I can tell.<br><br>Post edited by: oneobserver, at: 2008/07/08 13:45