Unregistered SIP extensions

Discussion in 'General' started by mbedzymt, Apr 12, 2011.

1. mbedzymt

Hi ALL

Please assist, i am new on both PBX and ELASTIX, but since some1 introduced me on open source i am really interested on it. I have just installed ELASTIX on my machine with SANGOMA product and i want to create new PBX from scratch.

I have created 5 extensions that i want to use for test purposes on ELASTIX front end, but when i go to SYSTEM on ELASTIX front end i got the message that "SIP Extensions (5) : (1 Registered) (4 Not Registered)".

Will some1, please shed a light on how can i register both this ext.

Thank you in advance.

2. jgutierrez

Hello,

I'm glad that you are starting with open source applications, in order to have a better understanding of elastix system, I will recommend that you read 'Elastix without tears', it is a step by step docummentation that will help you understand basic configurations and basic debugging to findout any related issue.

About your sip unregistered extensions, I will recommend you to double check if they have the correct ip address from elastix server, as well as the extension and extension's password. Also try to ping from elastix to the IP addresses of your IP devices, that will put you on a better understanding of what is going on.

3. villbonaload

all I can say is watch howto on youtube. take it easy one day at a time.