Unreachable

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Jun 1, 2010.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi elastix community

I have a sip trunk that has a registration problem with a local VOIP provider.
    The trunk works fine for about two or three days and suddenly it goes out of registration. The only thing I do, is turn off the server for about 10 to 12 hours and turn it on again and sometimes it registrates the sip trunk with no problem, some other time, I have to reboot the voip server and it does solve the problem, but other times it does not. When I see the CLI, it says UNREACHABLE.

I have spoke with the tech guys of the voip provider and they say that the problem is not from their part. I think their right. Can anybody suggest what should I check?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

2. husaints

3. telecomtechnician

Hi there

You know how I solved my problem? I changed the router in my LAN network.

Please verify the correct configurations in your router (port forwarding and NAT settings).

Good luck

David Medina

4. husaints

Hi,

I have Port Forwarded following to the elastix:

5050 to 5070 SIP
    10001 to 12000 RTP

Also Elastix is on DMZ.

The problem does not happen everyday, jsut out of the blue after 2 or 3 weeks. And that too for an hour or so and its back!

Do you think its still the router?

5. telecomtechnician

Hi there

My suggestion is that you change the router and see if the problem continues. Remember that there is not one solution to a problem, it depends on the situation you are.

I solved mine changing the router (after an advice received on this forums, it was something related with flushing the internal ip tables or directories in the router).

Good luck

David Medina