Unique Challange with External SIP Phone Reg

Discussion in 'General' started by bhallottawa, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bhallottawa

Greetings;

We have 3 Elastix Servers up and they all run fantastic. We have however encountered a challange that I cannot seem to find a resolve for - even after scanning all the forums.

Server / Version Details / configs
    Elastix Version: 1.6.2-2 (all 3 servers)
    Asterisk version: 1.4.32
    NICs: 2 (two)
    eth0 = external IP with dns / gateway configured
    eth1 = internal IP with dns / gateway NOT configured
    sip_nat.conf = EMPTY
    sip_general_custom.conf:
    callevents=yes
    nat = no
    ;externip = 72.1.XXX.XXX
    externhost = adn.domainname.ca
    localnet=172.18.3.0/255.255.255.0
    externrefresh = 10

Here's the deal...
    When connecting a SIP phone externally to the system they won't register (one did randomly). (we use SPA504g or Mitel 5212) however we can register a sip client like x-lite or zoppler with no problem.

Internal to the server, everything works fine.

Extension Config:
    nat=yes
    Phone Config:
    nat= yes

We can hook the same phone to our multi-tenant PBX running thirdlane / asterisk with no problem.

Please let me know any suggestions - this has been a frustrating challenge and any guidance would be truly appreciated

Bob

2. aerodesliza

For testing pourpose try to open all yours udp/tcp port maybe the hardphones use another non-standard port to register, that is just a idea.

3. bhallottawa

thank you for the suggestion, I have found the problem. We were having issues with our thirdlane software before moving over to Elastix. That company suggested using this device: http://www.bluegrassnetvoice.com/sipgat ... proxy.html which turned out to be the problem. we replaced it with a linksys wireless router and it works perfect!

Thanks!