Unicall / Chan_mobile / Skinny

Discussion in 'General' started by Bob, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Bob

Bob

Edgar,

Congratulations on version 1.0 release, it looks good. I am especially impressed with the following lines in module.conf in the ISO build

noload => chan_mobile.so
    ; don't load the following channels in Elastix by default
    noload => chan_skinny.so
    noload => chan_unicall.so

Simple lines, but gives the new users a greater chance of having a stable system (especially with the unicall issue and reloads).

I assume that the chan_mobile has been "noload" as there are still issues getting this module to work??

Regards

Bob

2. lek

lek Guest

Thanks for your comments Bob. I really appreciate them!

3. vicsanca

Hello

Thanks for this thread. Maybe some of my problems comes for updating 1.0RC to final versions. Seems that in the RC this modules were enabled. In final version are disabled but updating RC to stable version don't update that file. I'm going to disable that modules, maybe my system is going to be more stable.

Thanks.

4. Bob

Bob

vicsanca,

Thanks also for the heads up as I update a few systems, I will check this file, in case it has not been updated.

On many of the system however, I have already disabled UNicall after finding it the source of some instability, especially in the Freepbx reloads...

Now, to work out what is wrong with this Chan_mobile.....:S

5. lek

lek Guest

There is a new asterisk RPM that solves the insetability problem with unicall. Please "yum update asterisk".

It should update your asterisk version to 1.4.19

6. Bob

Bob

Edgar,

Thanks for the heads up on the chan_unicall.so

Have performed the Yum Update and removed the noload from modules.conf.

Seems to be stable, but will perform update across another few systems.

Just out of interest, tried the chan_mobile.so again, but still causes Asterisk to die...

Thanks again

Bob

7. Bob

Bob

Edgar,

Thanks for the heads up on the chan_unicall.so

Have performed the Yum Update and removed the noload from modules.conf.

Seems to be stable, but will perform update across another few systems.

Just out of interest, tried the chan_mobile.so again, but still causes Asterisk to die...

Thanks again

Bob

8. vicsanca

What does unicall module?

9. Bob

Bob

Vicsanca,

I will be honest and say that I have had very little to do with the Unicall module. All I know is that it has been a module that has been causing a few issues, especially loaded by default in the Elastix system.

However, to the best of my knowledge, and the reason for the module is the support of MFC/R2 signalling on E1 Style lines in many countries outside of the US/Europe/Australia. So unless you need MFC/R2 signalling, it does not have any great bearing on your system.

Now having said that, I have very little knowledge on the subject and maybe someone else would like to jump in that knows exactly what it is and does and can enlighten us...

Regards

Bob