unanswered call must go back to operator

Grep

Hi guys

I searched around the forums but could not find anything. Basically as my subject highlights I need to setup a dial plan that if an extension rings for a number of times as is not answered, the call must go back to the operator.

Any help with the config on this will be much appreciated!

elastix-user

I am having the same problem to set this up. I've tried using Follow Me, but is not specifically for the use.

Any help appreciated.

jgutierrez

Well, I have used followme, and it works correctly, what is the issue?
Just configure extensions, so if they don't answer, the call will just go to operator's extension.

Lee Sharp

Under the extensions follow me, Destination if No Answer, choose the operater extension.

elastix-user

Ok many thanks.

With regards to transferring call, I am trying to add "100:" to the Caller Name prefix, so that the users receiving the failed back call with a different display name but still I am getting the originating forwarder info i.e.

If a call from trunk is directed to receptionist on extension 111 (via DDI) and the receptionist forwards it to extension 100. Since user of extension 100 is not in place and won't answer), the call is returned to extension 111 using follow me.

However, when the call is being returned back, caller id prefix is not shown and caller id is receptionist extension i.e. 111.

Is there a way around changing these caller IDs.

I've seen a lot of forums about this and believe that this is an issue that needs further coding from the asterisk source so as to accomodate specific scenarios.

Any help?

Jon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr