Unable to install IM Gateway and SIP Phone Plugin

smartin52000

I've gone through the tutorial in "Elastix without tears" verbatim. I had no problems installing the Asterisk-IM Plugin. The other plugins mentioned were not available. So I went to the igniterealtime website and downloaded the plugins and uploaded them. It said that they were uploaded successfully. But they never appear as an installed plugin. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

foobie

Hi smartin52000,

I have also had the same problem with Openfire. Unfortunately, it seems that the IM Gateway plugin isn't compatible with the version of Openfire installed with Elastix. In a test environment I upgraded Openfire to 3.6.4 and installed the IM Gateway plugin and it all worked fine. It did however break integration with the Elastix web interface.

Sorry I can't give an exact reason why the plugin is not compatible, just sharing my experience.

skeltic

take a look at the Krakken plugin, as the original IM gateway plugin's development has been stopped and the yahoo service doesnt work anymore.

Netspeak

skeltic said:
take a look at the Krakken plugin, as the original IM gateway plugin's development has been stopped and the yahoo service doesnt work anymore.
Thank you for suggesting Krakken it installed without problems. I know this post is old but for those who encounter this problem in future. IM gateway is not available and Krakken can be used successfully. I am still in the installation phase will update after testing but meantime Krakken installed

Netspeak

skeltic said:
Thank you for suggesting Krakken it installed without problems. I know this post is old but for those who encounter this problem in future. IM gateway is not available and Krakken can be used successfully. I am still in the installation phase will update after testing but meantime Krakken installed. Also noted that its the same author

Netspeak

skeltic said:
Thank you for suggesting Krakken it installed without problems. I know this post is old but for those who encounter this problem in future. IM gateway is not available and Krakken can be used successfully. I am still in the installation phase will update after testing but meantime Krakken installed. Also noted that its the same author

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz