Unable to download Elastix iso

Discussion in 'General' started by ale_poupard, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ale_poupard

Hi All,

First of all, I apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I am a completely N00B on Elastix and VOIP world in general and I am trying to download the latest stable Elastix iso but I am having a recurring problem, the download stops after a few minutes. This is completely random since I've downloaded 5 MB of the file, other times 100MG other times 50MB and so. Always different but I never get to download the complete iso file.
    I am downloading from Argentina and I've tried from different machines, different browsers and through different ISPs and the problem is the same (the only common factor would be that in all cases I am using a Microsoft OS platform...hmmmm :p :p :p )

I will appreciate any help you could give me on this simple yet frustrating matter :S

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,
    Ale.-

2. rafael

3. ale_poupard

Thanks Rafael!

I was able to download it from one of the CA mirrors so the download was a bit slow but I've got it after all :laugh:

I have created a VMWare virtual machine and elastix got installed right away without any problems. I know I have much to learn here but I am a fast learner so I think I will get this in no time.

My goal is to set up a unified communications platform for the company that I work for now to get real life experience in this to share it with the rest of the community so I hope this is a success story to tell here in a short while.

Best Regards!

Ale.-

4. rafael

As a next step, I would recommend you to go to the download area and download "Elastix Without Tears Book". If you speak Spanish, consider the book "Comunicaciones Unificadas con Elastix"

Best regards,

Rafael

5. ale_poupard

Will do. I will start with Elastix without tears to get a quick view so I can start playing around and the I'll continue with the rest of the documentation.
    Thanks!