Unable to Dial through Analog Trunks - Xorcom FXO

blangys

So I had an issue at my client where I could dial from my SIP phones sometimes. It would work maybe 1 out of every 8 tries. I'd watch the asterisk console and see that the correct digits where handed to the DAHDI port where the dialing was going to take place. I worked on it for hours, eliminating handsets, lines themselves, polarity on lines, and many other steps. In the end, the DTMF tones where not being played long enough by the Xorcom Astribank to have the carrier recognize them all of the time. This isn't specific to the Xorcom box, but would apply to any FXO in this case. I've never had this happen before. The fix was to edit the /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf file and ad a statement:

toneduration=300

So while I didn't know this was a DTMF issue, it proved to be.

Cheers

lfain

Didn't you try to add one or two 'w' before the called phone number?
Did you try to connect a regular telephone to the line? Had you to keep buttons pressed for a long time in order to dial?

Leonid

blangys

I didn't add any w before the phone number. (isn't that the command to allow call recording?)

When I connected my butt set to the phone line, it dialed out fine. When I changed the amount of time that the DTMF played, it worked well. So I'm not sure if the initial line pickup was the issue or if the length of the DTMF was the issue, but in any case, it works now all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino