two SIP prowiders

Discussion in 'General' started by jr_oblika, Aug 3, 2008.

1. jr_oblika

How to connect on two SIP prowiders?
    1. is on public internet, and nead externip=xx.xx.xx.xx
    the 2. is on privat IP and nead difernent exernip=yy.yy.yy.yy

How to configure asterisk ?

tnx

2. Ichorcom007

Dude, A bit more info please

3. jr_oblika

I have a two SIP providers

1. provider on public internet and my IP is xx.xx.xx.xx
    2. provider on VPN via public internet with IP yy.yy.yy.yy

how to connect both on same asterisk ?

4. MageMinds

The answer depend on where the VPN is terminated...

Can you control the device where the VPN is terminated?

I think that you will need a SIP Proxy located at the edge of your local network to make it work. And you will be using the SIP Proxy only for one of the provider, I'd choose the one on the VPN. The SIP Proxy will modify the header of each SIP Packets and transfer RTP traffic correctly...

If your router is Linux or FreeBSD there's siproxd that can do the job, if your router is a device like a linksys and can support dd-wrt choose the SIP version of dd-wrt it come with a sip proxy. And that is ONLY if the VPN is terminated at the router.

You can also have a other computer on the VPN subnet doing the proxy thing, you would have to install linux and siproxd of any other sip proxy out there and use that proxy from your Asterisk... That is ONLY if you have access to the other side of the VPN, you provider might already have a SIP Proxy for you to use, ask them about it, keep in mind that Asterisk doesn't work very well with proxy.

If you go with siproxd you will have to look into a transparent sip proxy ... All sip traffic going to the VPN network is routed through the proxy transparently.

I can't help you with specifics about that setup, those are only general idea that I had when I read your post.

MageMinds