Two new installs using 1.6 and Aastra xml

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by rollinsolo, Dec 4, 2009.

1. rollinsolo

I completed two intalls last week using 1.6, Aastra 6731i IP phones and VoIP for the voice. I am just curious if this has happened to anyone else as of yet. I ran the aastra xml scripts and set up the phones perfectly they found the server and asked for the extension and password right away and configured using the demo.prf files I modified for the 8 buttons. About one week later the customers called saying their park button and voicemail buttons did not work, so I went there to find out the phones reverted back to factory default keeping their authentication such as sip credentials etc, but all of the xml was wiped away. It wasnt a big deal to do it the old way and just hardcode it in there but I am really curious as how the xml got dissassociated with the phones. I erased there local config file and ran setup-aastra-xml again and it happened again after a couple of restarts. I have multiple installs using 1.3 and xml and this has never happened to me. Any info is much appreciated thanks.

2. rollinsolo

I guess no one has had a similar issue, well if you do let me know what you did to fix this.

3. rafael

I am moving this to the aastra forum.

Best regards,

Rafael

4. rollinsolo

From my original post I never did allow write access from http, so I made the change on my 1.6 install and will keep this thread informed of my results. Like I said before the IP of my server never changed and the xml would just dissapear from the phones like they reset to fact default but stayed registered. Weird man.

5. rollinsolo

ok Just like to update my own thread again, For some reason my 57iCT shows all of the correct XML input entries such as DND, Visual VM, Day/Night mode, but when I try to press the button to activate or deactivate a service it says File Not Found, I just recently installed Avantfax and might have messed up some file permissions in the var/www/html/ directory can anyone help me make sure this is not my problem or what the permissions should be set to for XML to pass to the phone.

Using 1.6, latest xml scripts, mac.cfg is still there and so is all my paths inside the phone. Thanks.