two inbound routes with no caller ID

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Jan 4, 2009.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi there

I have two companies that want to share an elastix box, each company has their own PSTN line with no caller ID, I want to configure elastix so when FXO ports 1 or 2 rings, the call will be answered by the IVR of company A, and when FXO ports 3 or 4 rings, the call will be answered by the IVR of company B.

I did this once with pure asterisk, but with elastix it seems more complex, I do not want to break something

Waiting for your comments
    David Medina

2. Bob

Bob

Telecomtechnician,

The functionality you require is in later versions of Freepbx 2.4 (unembedded) called ZAP Channel DIDs.

You assign each Zap channel with a DID (you actually know the number for each line, and add it into this area against a channel number. The page will tell you that you need to make a change to the context in the zapata.conf (actually its the zapata-channels.conf in Elastix systems).

Once you have done this, you can use normal DID inbound routing for your calls.

You can also achieve this pre 2.4 Freepbx, by setup of Zap channels as individual channels (instead of a group e.g. g0 ). and routing calls this way by channel. (this also requires the change of context).

The Zap Channel DID method however is the better way as it falls into line using DID's for inbound routing.

If you need more info let us know....

Bob

3. telecomtechnician

Thanks Bob, I did the zap channel DID, what is the exact change I have to do in zapata-channels.conf?

4. Bob

Bob

David,

In the zapata-channels.conf, you go to each channel listed, and change the context from

from-pstn

to

from-zaptel

and reboot

Main thing to remember is that you need to re-do or check this change if you

1) redetect the Zaptel interface (e.g. hardware detect)
    2) Just for safety always check this after updating via YUM or Elastix Update mechanism.

Regards

Bob

5. telecomtechnician

Hi Bob, the rings or not working, they just ring and the IVR does not answer. This is part of the CLI>

-- Goto (from-trunk,117,1)
    == Channel 'Zap/1-1' jumping out of macro 'from-zaptel-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

Waiting for your comments

David