Trying to understand the module

rslrdx

Hi, and TIA,

I'm trying to understand the way the call center module works, so first I will post my idea of how a call center should work from the agent point of view.

On whatever station I use I dial a number to get into the queue, it asks for my number and then my password, calls come in normally, at one point I take a break, so I dial a function which puts me on break mode and the queue skips my extension number while I'm on break, I come back and then I dial another function to get out of break, I'm now back in the queue, taking calls, then my shift is over and I dial another function to logout of the queue this time.

So, now when I look at the call center module, it seems to me that it wants me to use the server to login to the queue and all, which I don't think its a good idea, but I could be wrong, so, at any rate, all I want from the call center module is a easier way to control the queues and reporting, I don't need the forms, campaigns and other features, i will be using an externally hosted CRM tool, so I only need the phones working as i described on the last paragraph

I'm wondering if to benefit from this module I have to tell all my agents to login to the server portal, which to me is traffic that can be directed/hosted elsewhere. So, can I benefit from this module without having to tell everyone to use the server?

telecomtechnician

Hi there

Are your agents login to the queue with physical ip phones or softphones?

Remember that the agents will login to a queue of an VOIP server. They will NOT GET IN in any other way unless the administrator gives them the administrator login info.

Of course the module is quite simple, and eventually will get better.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

rslrdx

Hi,

they are login in with physical ip phones, softfones if needed in the case there is a spike in the queue and off site during weekends (working from home)

Not sure I understood your "message", "They will NOT GET IN in any other way unless the administrator gives them the administrator login info." I understand that they will login only to the voip queue, what other ways are you referring to?

thanks for the help...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti