Trunk Issue with TE212P Elastix 1.5

Discussion in 'General' started by emadrigal, Nov 19, 2009.

1. emadrigal

Hi, I'm implementig an Elastix lab on a Contact Center Company. I have 2 TE212P targets and Elastix 1.5.2-2 in CentOS. I've connected a PRI line in a port of the target and I've done succesful simultaneous calls through PSTN using default Outbound Route 0_9 Outside and Trunk g0 with X number of channels.

My problem is that i need to have one trunk for each ACD, one for Support, one for Sales, etc. When i create a new trunk called g1 I can´t do calls through my PRI connection with 10 lines and i can get it with g0. How can i have multiple trunks each one with multiple channels like g0?

I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot.

2. ramoncio

Hi emadrigal, wellcome to the forum!
    g0 and G0 are not individual trunks, they are groups.
    You can work with individual lines defining 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, ... instead of g0 or G0

3. emadrigal

Thanks a lot for your answer. Then, what i need to do is a group of trunks like g0 for each Queue(i.e. Sales, Support,etc) to define X number of channels for each group, g1(3 trunks, 3 channels) ,g2(2 trunks 2 channesls),etc. Is there a way to do it?

Hope you can help me. Thanks for your welcome Ramoncio.

4. emadrigal

I have created a trunk called g1 with X channels just like g0. Then I've choosen g1 in my Outbound Route and no outgoing calls can be made.

5. emadrigal

I've search on Elastix manuals and i don't know how to do this. Thanks for anyone who can help me.

6. dicko

7. emadrigal

Thank you so much dicko i'm going to check it out.

8. salvar55

9. Bob

Bob

emadrigal,

I believe your concepts of the E1 connection are very mixed up. Your thinking appears to be very much in the concepts of analog lines.

I believe what you need to be looking at is the use of DID's. Setting up DID's for each Group, and directing the calls based on the incoming DID. (e.g. a DID for Support, a DID for Accounts etc). Remember on a PRI line the number is not assigned to a particular channel....the PRI is a virtual connection.

The use of trying to set trunks for particular areas is against the normal standard, and you are most likely going to have issues in other areas....

You need to have a look at "Elastix without Tears" and many other articles on E1/T1 with Asterisk on Google, so that you understand the concepts a little better.

Regards

Bob

10. emadrigal

Bob. Thanks for your suggestion.

I apologize because I wasn't clear previously ,I'm trying to manage Outbound Calls, not Inbound. I want to limit the outbound calls of an outbound skill. (i.e. Sales of Company 1 have only the Span 1 to do calls or just a few channels of the Span 1, etc).

Another thing I need to know is... can I divide a Span into more Spans?

Bob, Thanks you for your suggestion of DID's, but i'm trying to do a Call Center, I need to use DID's to differentiate Companies, and each Company have your own Queues (e.g. Sales, Support, etc).

I will appreciate any suggestion. Thank you guys.

11. emadrigal

I looked that there is a free pbx module to assign extensions to defined trunks, called Custom Contexts, and I installed it...Now, how can I limit the channels of the trunks or trunk gruops? or how can I create trunk groups like g0 defining some E1 channels to them?.

12. emadrigal

I looked at other topic and there was a missing configuration you have to make to have a trunk group functional, configure /ect/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf file defining determinated group for each Span.

; Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RECOVERINGClockSource
    group=1,11 ;here you can change the trunk group. (i.e. group=2,11 for g2)
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 1-15,17-31
    context = default
    group = 63

; Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED
    group=1,12
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 32-46,48-62
    context = default
    group = 63

Now at last I could use trunk groups.

I don´t know what means the other number of the group. (In this case "11" in Span 1 and "12" in Span 2), and why is there another group defined group=63 in all spans? If someone knows how this works could please explain it to me?

Another question....how could I assign a trunk group to some specific channels? (i.e. g1 with channels 1-15 , g2 with channels 17-21, etc) Can I divide a Span into more Spans? If this is possible how can I do it? Thanks in advance for your time.

13. emadrigal

I got it. thanks you guys.

14. emadrigal

I create normaly the trunk group on Elastix, then on /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf I noted that all spans has group=0 so, I changed it to 1, 2 , 3, etc, and I divided the span like this:

; Span 1.1: TE2/0/1/0 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RECOVERINGClockSource
    group=0,11
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 1-15
    context = default
    group = 63

; Span 1.2: TE2/0/1/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RECOVERINGClockSource
    group=1,11
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 17-31
    context = default
    group = 63

Then "amportal restart" and and it´s done. It works for me.

15. dicko

I'm glad you got it working,

Just to clean up

group=63

is probably extraneous, (but harmless, the last group= before channel= is honored)

similarly:

group=0,11
    and
    group=1,11

allows you to use group g0, g1. (G0, G1,r0, r1, R0 and R0 also) (as you defined them) and g11 (or g63), which includes all the channels.

I try and clear up ambiguosity if it exists as it tends to bite me in the ass later if I don't.

so to be precise, maybe get rid of the groups you don't use.

again, congratulations on "getting it", and +1 kudos to you for your FOP post

regards

dicko

16. emadrigal

Thanks for this explanation, I didn't understand why this groups where there, they where there after I did a "Hardware Detection" replacing files, g11 is there because I copied the definition exactly to divide this trunk group, but to follow the secuence I would have to put there a g12, I think the automatic config put g11, g12, g13 and g14 for my 4 Spans (4 Ports of my 2 Digium targets) automatically for any use later.

"Hardware Detection" put this on dahdi-channels:

; Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RECOVERINGClockSource
    group=0,11
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 1-15,17-31
    context = default
    group = 63

; Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED
    group=0,12
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 32-46,48-62
    context = default
    group = 63

; Span 3: TE2/1/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 1 Span 1" HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED
    group=0,13
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 63-77,79-93
    context = default
    group = 63

; Span 4: TE2/1/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 1 Span 2" HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED
    group=0,14
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 94-108,110-124
    context = default
    group = 63

I think g63 is a buckup group for g0 but I'm not sure. Anyway I'll try to follow your advice and prescind from groups I don´t use.

Cheers