trunk configuration issues

cowboy47

Hi,

I have run into an issue while I have 5 other SIP trunks defined, when I try to add another trunk, any definition results in the recording of "I am sorry you have reached a number that is no longer in service". I have seen reference to this in the sip.conf where it stated that if this was occurring, then context should be changed from "context=from-sip-external" to "context=from-trunk" and I have had providers where if I changed the context to "context=from-pstn" then this would resolve the issues. But with Teliax, I have not been able to resolve anything. Even to the point where I did the definition of the trunk in IAX2 and the result was the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

C

lek

It seems to be a message played by your provider. Could you send us some logs?

cowboy47

It would seem that way however, I have watched calls come in and then they bring up the not in service message. I did not have logs saved since I was running to take care of some other things.

Now here is the funny part. I changed the trunk from SIP to IAX2. The trunk shows registered, Teliax appears in the list of peers and now all of the sudden the phone is working. BUT, Teliax says they do not see me logged in and if I want support it will be $75/hour. I asked them why I should pay that when they cannot explain why they cannot see me or explain why all of the sudden the line is working.

C

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti