Trunk access

Telco

Here is the issue. I have my home and my company on my elastix. I want to be able to pick up any of the phones in my house and dial out thru the house sip trunk. Then I want to be able to pick up any of my office phones and dial out thru the office trunks. I know I can assign 9 then number and 8 then number to get different outbound routes. But here is the question. HOW DO I PREVENT A PHONE FROM EVER ACCESSING A PARTICULAR TRUNK WHILE HAVENING ACCESS TO THE OTHERS?

Kids have figured out if the house trunk is busy to dial 8 then number and they can dial out on my office lines.

In a Typical PBX this is called class of service.

Any ideas.

tbooth

you can put a password on the your outbound routes

Telco

Yes I have done that but... That causes problems with VmX and call forwarding.

Not to mention it is a pain in the butt when you are making 100's of calls everyday. Always having to enter in the password.

pcabarga

You need to create two different contexts. Put the home phones on context A and Office phones on context B. You have to create a Custom Route to trunks A and B. on the configuration on trunk A you include context A only and the same for B. And of course context A and B include context from-internal.

This way office phones can't access the home trunk and home phones can't access the office trunk.

Telco

Perfect, That is exactly what I was/am looking for. Could you give me an example to go by. Where do I add the custom routes?

Telco

Ok I think I have figured this out. DO I put the context=whatever in the outbound settings of the trunk. Then create a whatever context in the extentions_custom.conf? What whould I put there if I am right?

For example I have ext 100-110 are my office exts and 111-120 are my home exts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr