Translation issues

eljerry

I've just installed Elastix versions 1.2 and 1.3.

I'd like to mention that in the "Dashboard" section, the word received is mispelled in the "Calls", "Voicemails" and "Faxes" subsections.

For example in the "Faxes" the message is written "You don't recibed faxes", when it should be "You don't received faxes" or even better "You haven't received any fax at this time"

Regards.

wiseoldowl

Not to be too picky, but as a native English speaker I can say with some assurance that neither of your proposed changes is correct. The most direct way to say it would be:

You haven't received any faxes

If, for some reason, you wanted to refer to a single fax, then it would be correct to say:

You haven't received a fax

However, where the possibility of a single or multiple exists, then it's more common to refer to the multiple, therefore the first form would be more correct in this situation. If someone were expecting a fax and inquired about it, then either form would be correct as a reply.

And no, I'm not an English teacher and I do make mistakes in grammar in my own writing (English really is a difficult language, even for native speakers). But this is a fairly common type of phrase, and a common mistake often made by people who are not native speakers is to use the word "any" followed by a singular subject, which is almost always wrong (in fact I can't offhand think of any instances where it would be correct). It's "any (plural subject)" or "a (singular subject)".

rafael

Thank you guys, it is all ready corrected on the wiki so next version won't have this errors. That link to the wiki is the English file that Elastix can use for tha translations of the text.

Saludos,

Rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr