Transfered from IVR hangs up if Busy

Discussion in 'General' started by GodLovesATrier, Nov 5, 2009.

1. GodLovesATrier

Hi. I am a new member as I have recently moved from Trixbox, Thank God.

I have a few questions but 2 are the most pressing. The first being that I have Set up an IVR which is fine and working but if the extension is busy it just cust off, It is comming in on an IAX trunk. I would ideally like to record an anouncment saying they are busy call back later. The Voicemail and Call waiting is disabled as that is what we need.

My second question is if a user dials an Invalid number the 'All Circuts are busy' anouncement is played. Can I subsitute this for my own anouncement or a standard invalid tone.

Thanks in advance

2. Patrick_elx

In the latest freepbx upgrade there is a new module called route congestion that let you easily define the message you want to play when it does happen depending on the type of route (standard, intra company, emergency)

3. Bob

Bob

To answer the first part of your question....

First of all record a System Recording, make an announcement using this recording. At the end of this announcement, set the option to hangup. Suggestion to keep it simple, is keep the message generic like

"The person you are trying to reach is on the phone. Please call back later"

Now the final piece is for that user and any other user that you want to divert to the announcement on busy is setup a follow-me under the extension. Set the follow-me to ring only that same extension e.g. they are Extension 201, then add 201 to the follow-me list, and set the Destination If No Answer to the Announcement.

This should give you what you want.

Regards

Bob

4. GodLovesATrier

Thanks for the replies.
    I have upgraded to the latest FreePBX and set the Congestion but has not sorted my issue. I will try the Follow Me solution but I have 24 extensions to set up a follow me on so will let you know when done.
    Any sugestions for the Second Part. Is it an elastix thing, Phone or Voiptalk issue.
    Thanks everyone for your help