Transfer to Voicemail

CShaum

How do I transfer a call directly to voicemail?

Kalama Sutra

CShaum,

I / We have a couple of questions for you first ...

1) Has anybody answered the call, " Hello ... " / "Hola ..." ?

or

2) The phone rings a bunch of times, or busy - not answered, or DND <Do Not Disturb> activated ?

After these, you might just want to go into your elastix / FreePBX settings area for the particular number; initiate - allow voice mail in the first place, check the transfer codes << * star codes >>, and maybe even program the phone unit with a transfer to voice mail button.

While you are in the settings, you can even set the voice mail to forward to an email account <<< I personally have never done "voice mail" well on a phone unit, love it being in my email where I can manage it much better >>>.

And, which you'll hear often, get ahold of Elastix Without Tears and do some background work. B)

Lastly, it takes some time, peruse the forums a bit. ;)

Regards & Good Luck,

Jim

DaveD

Use the blind transfer option ## and direct dial for voicemail box *mailbox number

CShaum

Okay, We got that figured out. But is there a way to transfer from voicemail back to the IVR? So the person has an option to hang up or try a different option after leaving a message?? or another extension. We are changing most of the extension number around and we're trying to do it as painless as possible. For the people that know the persons ext. Or what would be good plan to use in this transition period? Thanks

coryjsanders

Enable the VmX locator at the bottom of the Extension page. You can use 0 to send to the operator you have defined in, I believe, General Settinngs. There are the other choices, but mine don't work. In have 1.6-12. PaloSanto told me there was a workaround that had to be completed.

CShaum

That sound simple enough. I didn't know exactly what that did. We just put ours online on Tuesday. Kinda new at this. Thanks for the tip!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen