Transfer to a cell phone - Press "1"

Discussion in 'General' started by robclay, May 12, 2009.

1. robclay

I have an "Other (Custom) Device" custom extension made:

Local/95555551212@outbound-allroutes

and it works fine. I can call to it from an internal extension. An outside call coming in can dial the extension.

What I would like to happen... When the cell phone person answers, he must press "1" before accepting the call. I would like this to happen everytime a call is transferred. Possible?

Thanks,
    Robert

2. Telco

Try making putting the ext. into a ring group. Then have the group call the ext that rings the cell phone. Enable the confirmation in the group. That should do it.

Or better yet. Make the ring group the # of the ext that you use. Then put the phone number of the cell phone as a member of the ring group. I use this for traveling salesmen so they can answer sales calls coming into the office (if they want to) while they are driving down the road.

3. robclay

Good idea... This does ask the caller to press "1" to accept. (2 for voicemail, 3 for Caller ID Information)

This is documented - but just to make it easy in case you are looking for some answers... I made sure this happened by checking "Confirm Calls" and adding a '#' after my extension or direct dial number. Therefore it shows 3327# in the extension list (Which is direct dial to my Cell Phone.)