Transfer from Trixbox to Elastix

MST

General question: we have Trixbox 2.6.2.3 and would it be possible to transfer to elastix?

Also, once installed is it possible to use login/logout ip phone user with settings? In Cisco Call manager it is called
extension mobility. At least possible to move extension and display that extension on new phone. In trixbox it was possible but only with Astra 67xx series. With Polycom 501 we can login logout but on a display is old extension.

CHeers,

MST

MST

Also we are looking an option to record manually conference calls.

MST

dwells

first you might want to start looking at your amportal.conf file and change "AMPEXTENSIONS=extensions" to "AMPEXTENSIONS=deviceanduser"
You need to administrate extensions and user account seperately at that point I think...
I personally haven't had time to play with this, but i also think in general settings you can set the code for user to login to their extensions '*11' & '*12'* for logon and logoff respectively.

second:
there are options while setting up a conference to record them, or I beleive you can use the on demand feature '*1' during a call to let the system record. In general settings set 'w' or 'W' depending on where the call in originating.

If you are using a soft phone like x-lite the record button will record a wav file in you mydocs.

hope that helps..good luck

-dwellsy

Chilling_Silence

I recently transferred a system from AsteriskNow to Elastix.

Basically the easiest way I found was to install the bulk-extensions plugin, then export from one and import to the other.

It meant I had to re-setup the call routing, but it was a pretty basic build.

I did it this way because if you use the complete backup / restore, I believe it also includes the config files that have the AMP user details, Manager login, MySQL details and things, so rather than change all those, it was easier to just re-do the call flow & voicemails.

It was then literally the shutdown of one box, change the IP of the new box to that of the old one, and wait a few seconds :)

dwells

I transfered our primary head office from Trixbox to Elastix. Originally due to faxing cababilities, but found my self in the same boat... How do I get these 200 users onto this new system. I actually found, installed and tried the bulk extension approach vs. back up and restore, but found it was buggy, and not ALL variable got BULKED in. Some things just didn't jive...

I ended up recreated ALL accounts, trunks and routes manually just so I knew it was done as the system intended them to be created, and then it was good. There were just minor things, that I can't think of off the top of my head, that were wrong, but it was with every account, so I didn't trust the BULK module.
It was time consuming, but reassuring!!! I did it all ahead of time so there was still only seconds of down time. (disable the Trunks as you make them)

Any others with success or failures with BULK moves?

-dwellsy

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr