Transfer caller to a queue

mzenft

Hello,
I have a complete Elastix system live wich includes over 150 extensions,multiple queues, call groups and IVR's.
We went live last week and everything is working awesomelly.
I have ran into a small problem. When a caller calls in they go thru the main IVR. There is an option for the caller to go to the Classified Queue but for some reason they dont and they get the the Switchboard call group. The person the answers the call need to transfer them to the Classifed queue. But it can't be done becasue you can't transfer to queue 200... Can you?
So I did a work around that kinda works.. I created an extension and then I created a Follow me to the Classified Queue.

Is there a correct way to do this?

Thank you
Mike

Bob

All Queues, Ringgroups, Conferences, and others that have a number assigned to them can be treated like extensions.

However, you can only blind transfer to these "special extensions".

So you should be able to transfer directly to your Queue, and be able to remove the imaginative workaround you have in place.

However the main issue is finding why your call is not going into the appropriate location in the first place, and one of the first things I recommend in any Ringgroup/Queue environment is physically map your call flow. The amount of times I have seen loops because the person has not been able to adequately visualise the entire call flow.

Also, not sure what version Elastix you are on, but check you have not given your Queues the same numbers as extensions. You mention Queue 200, and 200 is usually what many setup as an Extension. Normally I put Queues way out of the way on numbers like 700 or 800.

Regards
Bob

mzenft

Thank you
The blind transfer works. I instructed the users to transfer callers by doing a ##200.

Thanks again. :cheer:

Bob

Glad it worked for you...

Just one other point, if they are IP based phones, most phones have the ability to Blind Transfer as well without having to use the Asterisk command...

Worth checking the phone manuals for an even easier way...

Regards
Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti