Time to dial (or time in between dtmf) or ?

Discussion in 'General' started by aglasser, Mar 3, 2011.

1. aglasser

Sorry, folks. Basic question here, and probably answered in a million other places that I just can't seem to find.

I am looking to increase the time it takes to dial a number.

i.e. If caller dials 1 (1-2-3) (pauses to adjust reading glasses in order to read phone number) 4-5-6 (pauses again to relook at number in phone book...etc..etc) 7-8-9

By the time caller sticks ear to phone Asterisk is in the middle of playing an error message because it tried to dial "11234" instead of "123456789" like the caller wanted. and that was it. Caller simply took too long to dial. Where do I modify this behavior in Asterisk, as modifying the callers behavior will not bear any fruit :)

<edit> Being dialed from an analog phone(dahdi-tdm400) over sip.

Thanks in advance!

A. Glasser

2. fmvillares

every telephone has its own timeout settings...you need to ook nito the phones settings

3. aglasser

"Being dialed from an analog phone(dahdi-tdm400) over sip."

If this were a SIP phone I would be able to heed your advice, however it's just a plain old analog telephone connected to tdm400.

4. fmvillares

then look into chan_dahdi.conf parameters or inetrdigit timeout

5. aglasser

OK, I'll bite. <sigh>

How would this be entered? I'm seeing a lot of questions re: interdigit timeout and Dahdi, however not one answer, anywhere on the net. Unless I'm missing it. :/

6. fmvillares

Re: Re:Time to dial (or time in between dtmf) or ?

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/chan_dahdi.conf

as interdigit timeout is not there i assume is hardcoded into dahdi driver code so i think its a question to ask in digiums forums as i dont use any cards in any installs and i dont know the right answer directly.